|Vogue Patterns: 8854 (Misses' Tunic) - Type:Tops |
|Viewed 514 times
||9 more reviews|
Review rated Helpful
by 2 people Very Helpful
by 14 people
|About sfshaza |
|Member since: 9/12/07 |
|Reviews written: 126|
|Favored by: 72 people|
|patterns reviewed: 126|
|Posted on:||12/2/12 5:42 PM |
|Last Updated:||12/2/12 5:47 PM|
|Pattern Size:||Plus-Sized Regular |
Vogue Patterns Pattern Info
|Pattern Rating:||Highly Recommend |
|See other patterns in this category: Tops |
|Available for sale on PR: $16.88 (See envelope) |
|Fabric:||Poly-Lycra Knit [See other projects in this fabric]|
|Related Links |
|Click on to add a link|
|Pattern Description: Loose-fitting, pullover tunic has collar or hood, shaped hemline, narrow hem and snap closing. Topstitching. Wrong side shows on hemline, and hood B. B: pocket. B and C: button and self loop.|
Pattern Sizing: XS to XXL. I made a L (16-18). I'm usually an 18 plus an FBA, so this is typical.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much. I made the view without the hood.
Polka dot top
Neckline up close
Black and grey top
Neckline up close
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, and I did use them, especially for the placket.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the asymmetric closure with the giant placket and the versatile collar. They shown it worn up, but I will wear it with one, or both, sides down.
Fabric Used: I made two versions. The first one is a stash polka dot knit from Fashion Fabric Club over a year ago. The second one is a black/grey sweater knit from Emma One Sock. That fabric is so soft. Both knits are 2-way.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Several:
- Did an FBA adding about 2" in width and 1.5" in length.
- Straightened out the side seam at the hip.
- Tapered the waist at the side seam. Did more tapering on the second top (black and grey).
- Shortened the sleeves by 2.5". This is more than normal, so these sleeves seem to run long.
- Omitted the vertical top-stitching on the placket into the collar. Used only one jumbo snap near the middle of the placket. Did not use the 3 or 4 snaps they recommended.
- Omitted the kangaroo front patch pocket and used in-seam pockets.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? YES. I love love this top! I will get loads of wear from these and will definitely make again.
Conclusion: I LOVE this tunic! More, including more pics, on the blog.
|Buy this pattern for $16.88 List Price: |$22.50 Add to Bag