Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 219 (Folkwear 219 Intimacies)

Reviewed by:LBH2010

About LBH2010star
PA United States
Member since: 7/12/12
Posted on:12/22/12 5:45 PM
Last Updated:1/22/13 10:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

facesunderwater said... (1/23/13 7:05 PM) Reply
I am going to try these, you did a lovely job.
cocosloft said... (1/23/13 6:45 AM) Reply
Pretty! love the fabric and color.
FreyaStark said... (1/22/13 11:22 PM) Reply
After changing your thumbnail, you need to reload the page to make the change take effect. Just press F5 (on a PC).
LBH2010 said... (1/17/13 9:46 PM) Reply
Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions on how to fix these. I finally was able to get the wave out of the hem enough. They still have a slight wave, but I can live with them! I still need to iron them, too. I tried to update the thumbnail but the site keeps putting the wavy hem picture back up. You can click the pic and be redirected to the new picture if you care! :)
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/5/13 5:42 PM) Reply
Try steaming with lots of steam to regain some shape. Next time try water soluble Wonder under or something like Steam-A-Seam to keep every thing from stretching before machine sewing. I personally like the waviness on these. Or, if you have a serger, try a small rolled hem (type designed for lingerie).
LBH2010 said... (12/23/12 10:10 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I think I am going to hem them by hand, but I kept getting those little dimples in the front of the satin when I did a blind hem. I guess I have to settle for the wavy hem or the dimples. I don't mind the wave around the legs, but it looks funny around the waist. Anyway, it's a learning experience for me. I never worked with stretch fabric.
krazyknit said... (12/23/12 8:09 PM) Reply

krazyknit said... (12/23/12 8:09 PM) Reply
Your tap pants are very pretty. I made a pair about a month ago (and reviewed on PR) out of bemberg rayon. I was thinking back to remember if I had trouble with the hem. Guess because the rayon has no stretch, I was able to hem by machine. I like the idea of hemming by hand to avoid the wavy stretchy hem.
ktr2567 said... (12/23/12 9:53 AM) Reply
I agree about the wavy hem, it could be a part of the design, but when my sewing machine stretches the fabric like that it's best to hand sew. Maybe ironing and steaming will get it back into shape then hand-sew.
FreyaStark said... (12/23/12 3:09 AM) Reply
The wavy hem looks good to me. Couldn't you call it a design effect?
LBH2010 said... (12/22/12 10:20 PM) Reply
Thank you so much! I appreciate it. :)
miausiau said... (12/22/12 7:32 PM) Reply
The waviness is due to the material stretching as it is stitched. Lower pressure foot adjustment if possible. Sometimes a zig zag stitch works and looks better,or longer stitch length. I bet a tear off stabilizer might help.

More Knits