This is a dress that I made the pattern from copying an RTW dress that fit pretty well, but it was a petite pattern, so I always kept pulling it down. It also was getting quite small and I really never liked the fabric design that much.
So, I opened a few seams and pin-traced the parts. But then I did quite a bit of alterations to it:
- I did FBA
- I added length to both front and back bodice
- I lengthened and narrowed the sleeves on the bottom
- I changed the length of the dress slightly.
I am not in love with this fabric, but it was the only winter knit that I had in my stash. It's the first thing I made for myself in a very long time though and I am so happy that I have a wearable dress for church, and I was able to finish it just before Christmas.
I will have to tweak this pattern and I really would like to make a few of these dresses - both casual and dressy - now just to find the right fabric.