Pattern Reviews> Master Pattern Book> Reader's Digest Complete (...Guide to sewing: Curtains)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

About Tailypostarstarstar
Member since: 8/6/03
Posted on:11/21/05 7:03 AM
Last Updated:2/7/05 11:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
KarmenG said... (2/9/05 9:36 PM) Reply
This book is my FAVORITE reference in my sewing room. It's the first book I reach for to answer a question or show me a better way, from hand stitches to tailoring. I've had it since the original publication date and love it. I especially like the cross referencing at the top of each page. Great job on your project. You should be proud! Drapes can be over whelming with all that fabric!! I enjoyed your review.
SewingSusan said... (2/9/05 7:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabrics and color combination. You are a gifted writer and seamstress!
Nancy Anne said... (2/9/05 6:44 AM) Reply
Love your review! You are too funny.
Hilary said... (2/8/05 9:46 AM) Reply
LOL-your review was very entertaining, and the fabric you chose is great-I like the grommet and ribbon look, too! I might have to do something like that for my bedroom curtains-I just got done w/ a dust ruffle yesterday! :0) It's so fun to decorate(once you muddle through the unending pile of fabric, hehehe.)
Vivienne said... (2/8/05 9:04 AM) Reply
Love the grommet and ribbon treatment to attach the curtains to the rod. And a librarian with an overdue book? That RDCGS must be something.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/8/05 8:47 AM) Reply
I love your daring choice of fabrics--taffeta is so bold and wonderful for curtains. That RD book is my favorite basic technique reference, too. Never noticed the curtain stuff in the back.
MariaDenmark said... (2/8/05 2:17 AM) Reply
Good for you! And good job you did - I would never dare to make lined curtains. Very funny review!

Past Patterns 503