Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5153 OOP (Fast & Easy Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:1/22/13 6:06 PM
Last Updated:1/22/13 9:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Butterick: 5153 OOP by FreyaStark Butterick: 5153 OOP by FreyaStark Butterick: 5153 OOP by FreyaStark
Margaret said... (1/28/13 1:33 PM) Reply
Nice classic shirt! I agree that the sleeves and shoulders look more current on the 5052 but I suppose the extra freedom of movement on this one may come in handy.
Heatherrique said... (1/23/13 10:23 PM) Reply
Classic, comfy, and versatile! Thanks for your review-I have this pattern somewhere in my stash. You have the knack of achieving a fine fit.
carolynw said... (1/23/13 11:46 AM) Reply
Nice looking shirt - so chic for riding camels but add pearls and surely you can throw plates!! Very helpful review especially for me who is forever hunting for nice shirt patterns - do agree M5052 is a better fit but this too is a really nice looking shirt. Like RenRen I own 5052 but not this one so will stick with it - for now
marthamyers said... (1/23/13 9:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for the honest review. I do love a camp style shirt and your finished piece looks great. Terrific save.
cocosloft said... (1/23/13 6:47 AM) Reply
You got me with the fabric - love it! and thks for the review and alternate suggestion :-)
ChristmasHills said... (1/23/13 0:50 AM) Reply
Well it might not make your favourites list but it is still darn pretty and that fabric needed to see the light of day.
Sewiing Sue said... (1/22/13 10:49 PM) Reply
Very helpful review distinguishing between patterns, identifying features I might not have noticed. Good sense of humor and great gallery of photos, especially you on an elephant in a very pretty shirt!
Mufffet said... (1/22/13 8:54 PM) Reply
You know I love the fit on you It looks a bit shorter and more fitted in the body than usual for you and I love that fabric.
said... (1/22/13 8:29 PM) Reply
I agree that the 5052 is the best...however this is some pretty fabric and a nice fit.
renren said... (1/22/13 8:27 PM) Reply
Good to know you prefer the 5052 over this pattern--especially since I own the 5052 but not this one. I don't know about camels and tents but most of your fabrics have me longing for a hammock on a white-sand beach with an iced beverage at hand. Caribbean blue water, too, please, with the gentle lapping of waves.
jenleeC said... (1/22/13 7:14 PM) Reply
I am glad this fabric finally escaped the stash to venture out and go camping! While it will look very stylish sitting astride a camel, viewing your two shirts side by side I would agree that the M5052 has a nicer line.
mm said... (1/22/13 6:55 PM) Reply
You could have a lot of fun in a shirt like that. It looks smart and cool and comfortable.

Deer&Doe Dress Belladone