Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5153 OOP (Fast & Easy Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Margaret said... (1/28/13 1:33 PM) Reply
Nice classic shirt! I agree that the sleeves and shoulders look more current on the 5052 but I suppose the extra freedom of movement on this one may come in handy.
Heatherrique said... (1/23/13 10:23 PM) Reply
Classic, comfy, and versatile! Thanks for your review-I have this pattern somewhere in my stash. You have the knack of achieving a fine fit.
carolynw said... (1/23/13 11:46 AM) Reply
Nice looking shirt - so chic for riding camels but add pearls and surely you can throw plates!! Very helpful review especially for me who is forever hunting for nice shirt patterns - do agree M5052 is a better fit but this too is a really nice looking shirt. Like RenRen I own 5052 but not this one so will stick with it - for now
marthamyers said... (1/23/13 9:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for the honest review. I do love a camp style shirt and your finished piece looks great. Terrific save.
cocosloft said... (1/23/13 6:47 AM) Reply
You got me with the fabric - love it! and thks for the review and alternate suggestion :-)
ChristmasHills said... (1/23/13 0:50 AM) Reply
Well it might not make your favourites list but it is still darn pretty and that fabric needed to see the light of day.
Sewiing Sue said... (1/22/13 10:49 PM) Reply
Very helpful review distinguishing between patterns, identifying features I might not have noticed. Good sense of humor and great gallery of photos, especially you on an elephant in a very pretty shirt!
Mufffet said... (1/22/13 8:54 PM) Reply
You know I love the fit on you It looks a bit shorter and more fitted in the body than usual for you and I love that fabric.
miausiau said... (1/22/13 8:29 PM) Reply
I agree that the 5052 is the best...however this is some pretty fabric and a nice fit.
renren said... (1/22/13 8:27 PM) Reply
Good to know you prefer the 5052 over this pattern--especially since I own the 5052 but not this one. I don't know about camels and tents but most of your fabrics have me longing for a hammock on a white-sand beach with an iced beverage at hand. Caribbean blue water, too, please, with the gentle lapping of waves.
jenleeC said... (1/22/13 7:14 PM) Reply
I am glad this fabric finally escaped the stash to venture out and go camping! While it will look very stylish sitting astride a camel, viewing your two shirts side by side I would agree that the M5052 has a nicer line.
mm said... (1/22/13 6:55 PM) Reply
You could have a lot of fun in a shirt like that. It looks smart and cool and comfortable.

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)