Pattern Reviews> Other> Merckwaerdigh BHS10 (Bras)

Review submitted in One Pattern, Many Looks Contest

Last Updated:1/14/13 1:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 59 people

Other Projects by treefrog using this Pattern

JDpenelope said... (11/11/13 1:10 PM) Reply
Just seeing this! You will have beautiful bras for quite awhile. If you run out, you know what to do during the next heat wave.
treefrog said... (3/14/13 9:44 PM) Reply
@JanetLikesToSew - Most came from Elingeria as a specific order or in one of the "grab bags". The storm blue lace, apricot lycra and lace were in the grab bags. The bikini top, spot and pale blue were bought locally.
JanetLikesToSew said... (3/6/13 5:13 PM) Reply
Wonderful job - well done! Could you tell us where you source your fabrics? thanks!
landstromd said... (3/6/13 12:07 PM) Reply
Oh My WORD! These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing your remarkable talent and creativity.
MissCelie said... (2/23/13 10:17 AM) Reply
This is AMAZING!!! Great job.
Fabricgurl said... (2/22/13 5:21 PM) Reply
Wow just what I'm in need of. Great Job and Congrats on the win you deserved it!!!!
Jstarr4250 said... (2/21/13 8:18 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your well-deserved contest win. Upon second look your bras are even more beautiful.
Clareew said... (2/20/13 4:46 PM) Reply
What a well deserved win. Beautiful, inspiring work.
BeaJay said... (2/11/13 9:37 PM) Reply
Congratulations on winning the contest. You deserved to win. Great job,
Sew Whatever said... (2/8/13 6:12 AM) Reply
Quote: "I'm a bit over sewing fiddly things for the moment. " LOL I guess so! These are great! Almost makes me think I might have a go at bra making. Love the way you placed the scallops on the side cup piece.
lyndle said... (2/5/13 2:43 PM) Reply
You're a legend! Fabulous. You deserve to win this contest!.
vondalin said... (2/5/13 2:31 PM) Reply
Wow! These are amazing! Fantastic job.
kiddo said... (2/5/13 11:18 AM) Reply
Brilliant!!! Love your variations and review.
lsteaples said... (2/5/13 8:02 AM) Reply
OMGOONESS these are BEAUTIFUL they also look store bought, and some seem better than I have seen in the store!!!!! great wright up on each also !!!!!!!!!
Raye Ann said... (2/4/13 5:50 PM) Reply
ummm, WOW! wonderful!
Baja Susana said... (2/3/13 4:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful! You have my vote!
Danette in PA said... (2/1/13 3:02 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I wish I had that many cute bras.
Bonnie O said... (2/1/13 9:11 AM) Reply
I am amazed by your entry! The bras look fantastic and how nice to have so many options from which to choose every day.
Aroura said... (2/1/13 1:41 AM) Reply
Wow...all I can say is Amazing!!!!
Quickie said... (1/31/13 3:35 AM) Reply
I have from the beginning admired your bra collection Stunning and it must give you a feeling of luxury
Heatherrique said... (1/30/13 9:27 PM) Reply
8 days! Totally awesome, TreeFrog! Your bras are truly gorgeous and wonderful work on these.
BeaJay said... (1/29/13 9:37 PM) Reply
Wow - I have bra envy. You certainly have sewed a great collection of beautiful bras. The ones that come in my size look like hospital bandages! And I don't think they sell the supplies strong enough for my size to make myself some pretties LOL! Yep - bra envy for sure.
Jacqui315 said... (1/29/13 0:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful bras! It's a shame that they have stay covered. ;)
leoniep said... (1/28/13 5:53 AM) Reply
Fantastic collection Treefrog! Enjoy wearing them!
treefrog said... (1/27/13 3:47 PM) Reply
Connie - I used paintshop to do the photo. Basically, I clipped/resized each of the photos to be a similar size (640x640). Then created a new image and set a snapping grid with a 640 width. Then copy/paste the individual over which snap into the grid easily. Then use the same snap grid to add the lines ( think the pen width was about 5 or 10). Finally, resize to a smaller 800x800 image. The snapping grid really speeds things up as you don't need to manually fine tune the placement of the photos or lines. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more detail.
CrisB said... (1/25/13 7:33 AM) Reply
Amazing work. You did a great job and the bras are fabulous.
ConnieBJ said... (1/23/13 12:11 PM) Reply
Holy bra-ness! I must admit that I have not yet wanted to make bras, but these may change my mind! Every single one is gorgeous! The montage is pretty impressive too - what did you use to make it?
StudioCherie said... (1/23/13 12:03 PM) Reply
I have a feeling I will be shipping a duffle to Australia soon...Inspiring review. I was just thinking this morning about bra shopping. Maybe I will just sew them now instead.
JanElise said... (1/22/13 7:24 PM) Reply
WOW! just WOW! and in 8 days. I love this review; it is almost a tutorial. If I ever decide to try my hand at lingerie, I will reread this review. They are all just lovely!
butterflyfly said... (1/22/13 10:04 AM) Reply
Wow! Fantastic job!
aonori said... (1/16/13 3:09 AM) Reply
Wow treefrog, you're awesome! The fabric choices are amazing & your craftsmanship is superb.
loti said... (1/15/13 8:11 PM) Reply
I so need to come to your house so you can show me how to make these. Fabulous, I can't even pick a favorite.
fourkid said... (1/15/13 8:11 AM) Reply
Brilliant. No other words suffice.
treefrog said... (1/15/13 1:55 AM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for all the lovely comments and the tips from the more seasoned bra makers. Thanks!!!
Kayseri said... (1/15/13 0:55 AM) Reply
These look lovely - but gosh all that fiddly sewing! You've done an amazing job of the of fabrics, laces and layout.
Carolyn.S said... (1/14/13 9:58 PM) Reply
Wow! You've done an absolutely amazing job.. these are all so beautiful!! Stay cool :)
goosegreen said... (1/14/13 8:37 PM) Reply
These are fantastic and your review is great. You won't have to make any more bras for quite a while! You're gonna be hard to beat in this contest. ;)
JanJanB said... (1/14/13 7:20 PM) Reply
WOW! Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the time invested. thanks for such a detailed review.
sewing for fun said... (1/14/13 6:15 PM) Reply
Your bras are wonderful! Beautiful AND fun, designer custom-made and comfortable, too. Once I have a bra fit perfected, I often find I can sew them faster than I can shop for one... but not with all the fancy lace bits. I also like to use a nice pima cotton cut on the bias to get a wider selection of prints.
colormefun said... (1/14/13 5:43 PM) Reply
8 days!? I'm in awe! Maybe you should upgrade your skill level to expert :)
Jill Giard said... (1/14/13 4:06 PM) Reply
Stunning! What a great wardrobe and each one is so different.
sewpelican said... (1/14/13 2:38 PM) Reply
Congratulations, wonderful collection, and a positive way to deal with heat! Your detailed review is excellent, thanks for taking the time and troubleI once made a Booby traps bras, yours are so professional and tailor-made too.
sewingsilly said... (1/14/13 1:38 PM) Reply
WOW!! Well done!! Thanks so much for this detailed review showing all of your fabric choices, cut pieces and trims! Love them all!
mnitts said... (1/14/13 11:37 AM) Reply
Wow wow wow! Sooo impressed. Well done.
ArtAttack said... (1/14/13 11:10 AM) Reply
Lucky, lucky lingerie drawer that gets to house these beauties! Great work! What a gorgeous selection of bras!
cerulean said... (1/14/13 10:47 AM) Reply
They are incredible! Each of them is absolutely lovely! I love the variety!
betty bushwacker said... (1/14/13 9:52 AM) Reply
Thanks for the peek at all the construction, I've always found lingerie a somewhat daunting project for some reason. Your work is beautiful, and you've spurred me on!
JTink said... (1/14/13 9:52 AM) Reply
I'm speechless...these are beautiful.
wildbluestarz said... (1/14/13 8:43 AM) Reply
Love these! You are my bra-sewing superhero!
RLL said... (1/14/13 7:59 AM) Reply
I agree with Jstarr...looks like a Victoria Secret ad. So pretty!
squirrellypoo said... (1/14/13 7:56 AM) Reply
HOLY CRAP. I am so, so impressed with these! I've made several bras, with varying degrees of fitting success, and not only are yours beautiful, but that they fit as well is a real accomplishment! Bravo! You've definitely got my vote.
KateS said... (1/14/13 7:16 AM) Reply
Amazing and beautiful! I hope if I ever attempt bra making mine will be half as good!
Jstarr4250 said... (1/14/13 7:11 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness. It looks like a Victoria's Secret catalog! What truly gorgeous work and care in documenting and photographing your collection. Good luck in the contest.
Sigrid. said... (1/14/13 7:11 AM) Reply
What a stunning result. Love to see all these variations on this pattern and want to start sewing more of these myself at once. Must be a coincidence that I have this pattern on my sewing table right now ;) I have a hard time deciding which fabric/lace to use next, but now I know: just start and sew several. Yours look all beautiful!
sugarduck said... (1/14/13 6:54 AM) Reply
What a beautiful collection of lingerie! I am so impressed with how professional these look. Great job!
KensingtonCrab said... (1/14/13 6:34 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!
annakeeton said... (1/14/13 6:03 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful collection!
HDWen said... (1/14/13 5:52 AM) Reply
Stunning collection and what a detailed review! Love how you gave each one something special and showed the bits and pieces. Tremendous Job and great pattern details.
Elona said... (1/14/13 3:19 AM) Reply
What gorgeous flimsies, as my European father in law used to say. It's a really lovely collection
jenleeC said... (1/14/13 3:13 AM) Reply
Wow, very impressive! I hid inside and sewed too but didn't end up with such an awe inspiring result!
Margaret said... (1/14/13 3:00 AM) Reply
Very pretty -- wonderful collection and nice job on all the matching! Great variety of colors. I recognize some of the laces from ELingeriA. :)
chenille said... (1/14/13 2:50 AM) Reply
WoW! Absolutely gorgeous work. Holy cow over 8 days??? Love all of them.
Mazzygirl said... (1/14/13 2:03 AM) Reply
these might have been a large investment timewise, but it has certainly paid off. All are absolutely gorgeous, the spot & swimsuit bra being my favourites. well done!
Sharonspils said... (1/14/13 1:24 AM) Reply
Gorgeous collection and thank you for the detailed review.
Lhan said... (1/14/13 1:20 AM) Reply
Kia ora treefrog. I too love making bras, but have difficulty locating patterns. It is great to get the details on this one, and your products look fabulous. I totally agree about the time-consuming nature of the making, but they must be the most tricky engineering that making clothes presents! Thanks very much for posting this very helpful review.
jannw said... (1/14/13 1:09 AM) Reply
So Beautiful!!! What a fantastic collection!!! Congrats...
renren said... (1/14/13 0:25 AM) Reply
Oh, my gosh, they are so wonderful! I love them all!!! I can't even begin to say which is my favorite. Fantastic job sewing and great review of the pattern. I can imagine getting tired of sewing all those little fiddly pieces together but you did hang in there long enough to create several really great bras with their own personalities. What a great way to kick off the new year (sorry about that heat wave you are suffering through).
velosewer said... (1/13/13 11:23 PM) Reply
Wow. Can I put my order in please? You've done an impressive job. You're an inspiration.
GoSewGirl said... (1/13/13 11:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful bras! I love that you added some detail information about each fabrication. I, too, have this pattern and have made this view 2X. It's a very well-fitting bra. Thanks for your detailed review.
Immelu said... (1/13/13 10:58 PM) Reply
Wow, those are all fantastic!!!!! Thanks for posting the detailed review!
Immelu said... (1/13/13 10:57 PM) Reply
Wow, those are all fantastic!!!!! Thanks for posting the detailed review!
Laurasews said... (1/13/13 10:04 PM) Reply
Wow! Love the pattern and all of your interpretations. Great job!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/13/13 10:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful bra wardrobe! You have made some beautiful variations here by changing the fabric! I am not sure I am ready to join the bra making fraternity yet though!
Skye said... (1/13/13 9:57 PM) Reply