Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1333 (Misses' Blouse and Skirt)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:1/13/13 11:35 PM
Last Updated:1/13/13 11:39 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
marec said... (4/14/13 0:39 AM) Reply
Oh, another beautiful skirt from shams! I'm sorry I missed it while I was gone, but I am slowly catching up with my fave reviewers. This is so pretty, and I think I'll make mine in a solid first.
Katt5 said... (3/25/13 0:54 AM) Reply
I just finished making this skirt out of a black & white stripe, and LOVE it!! It is so cute on, can not wait to make another.
Amiejean said... (2/26/13 5:46 AM) Reply
I'm late onthiscomment,but this is so flattering on you. Put me on the " I can't believe I don't have this pattern but must procure ASAP" list. You are the master of sewing to make the best of shape. I learn something every time I check your blog out. Thanks!
VintageTempest said... (2/25/13 0:20 AM) Reply
Very nice! I am just gearing up to make the skirt and top. Yours looks awesome! Love the print.
Barbara V said... (1/16/13 8:12 PM) Reply
Well, how fun is that!?! Love your skirt and spikey top!
mad stash said... (1/14/13 6:34 PM) Reply
Sfshaza, Thank you so much for explaining how you made the side drape. Your skirt is so chic and that porcupine jacket is out of this world awesome. You inspired me to try to work out the kinks w/ my skirt. (I'll post here in the next few days.)
sfshaza said... (1/14/13 3:29 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the great comments! @mad stash. Sorry if I disappointed you on the blog. I've made this draped piece many times before (using the original pattern). Now that you mention it, I do remember that the dots didn't match up quite as well as they should have. But I just made it work and soldiered on. I do think the points matched up better on the original pattern.
kkkkaty said... (1/14/13 3:03 PM) Reply
super fun and very elegant!
mad stash said... (1/14/13 2:11 PM) Reply
OMG your skirt looks fantastic! I was so glad to see your review of this pattern because I just sewed this pattern up over the weekend... and I consider mine an epic fail! I'm going to check out your blog to see how you navigated the side drape pleats.
marthamyers said... (1/14/13 9:46 AM) Reply
Seriously fabulous. You love great in it!
jenleeC said... (1/14/13 3:22 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Not sure if I could brave 60 tucks but this version looks doable!
Annette1 said... (1/14/13 3:13 AM) Reply
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this skirt, dang it! Now I'm going to have to get THIS pattern, too. :o) I know exactly which pattern you mean that had all the tucks, too. I HAVE that pattern, but never could bring myself to actually MAKE it. THIS is a different story, though. :o) I like your PORCUPINE top, too. :o) (I think I misspelled that, BUT I DON'T CARE.)
pdiddly said... (1/14/13 2:54 AM) Reply
I think your version looks better than the pattern cover - lovely
JillyBe said... (1/14/13 2:34 AM) Reply
I love your skirt! Why don't I have this pattern? Must remedy that....
mhoutz said... (1/14/13 1:36 AM) Reply
Great skirt in a graphic print...nice!
Eva Suzanne said... (1/14/13 0:37 AM) Reply
I really like this fabric & the shape of the skirt. This is flattering & fun !
velosewer said... (1/14/13 0:11 AM) Reply
This skirt goes beyond the current peplum craze. The folds and the fabric you've chosen are stunning.

by: chuichoy

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern