Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1317 (Chado Ralph Rucci)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:1/23/13 1:58 PM
Last Updated:1/23/13 2:02 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
Cowtown Karen said... (9/19/13 8:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Your review is very helpful -- thanks.
layla said... (2/3/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Erica, I love your reviews and this dress is no exception. You are one amazing seamstress and surely make those Vogue Patterns come to life!
sewnaughty said... (1/28/13 4:08 PM) Reply
Looks great on you as always. Love the tan boots with this also.
Levone said... (1/25/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress that looks fantastic on you!
Ecrulace said... (1/24/13 7:24 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
ArtAttack said... (1/24/13 11:11 AM) Reply
This is outstanding! Beautiful on you and what a project.
arianamaniacs said... (1/24/13 3:00 AM) Reply
PS: I definitely think you should make this again. It's a shame to perfect a pattern and then not sew it again. You can get a much different look in the knit for example, as you mention.
arianamaniacs said... (1/24/13 2:56 AM) Reply
Wow! They should have used your version as the envelope cover! You're a knock-out'!
mnitts said... (1/24/13 1:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for this great review. I have this pattern and was also thinking of using faux suede like you...now think a knit maybe the way to go! Great job as ever.
Ceidhle said... (1/23/13 8:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and color and it looks wonderful on you. I am working on a Chado Ralph Rucci pattern at present--a challenge.
Jstarr4250 said... (1/23/13 8:02 PM) Reply
The midriff and shoulder lines of this dress are so flattering. Thanks for the detailed review. And I agree with you about that goofy pocket placement. I have a RTW dress like this and they make no sense at all!
Elke said... (1/23/13 7:51 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress...looks gorgeous on you. Love your color choice and you did a great job!
mesewlot said... (1/23/13 7:43 PM) Reply
Erica your dress looks great, and red suede (cinnabar)...yum! Thanks for the very helpful review as I am about to make this myself! That was a great save on your part to add the panels in...it made the dress your own and none would be the wiser. BTW, I will definitely be looking for the documentary on Ralph Rucci, thanks for that info!
norie creates said... (1/23/13 7:13 PM) Reply
Gosh! You did an amazing job as always! I have this pattern and double knit fabric but I'm kind of reluctant to start. Hope my results are as good as yours!
facesunderwater said... (1/23/13 7:00 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress sounds like a lot of work.. In the end you ended up with a stunning dress.
lamstu said... (1/23/13 6:55 PM) Reply
I can see why you really like this dress. I have admired all of the RR patterns, but this is one of few that suits me and I have nowhere to wear it. I hope you get lots of use of this beautiful dress! And an especially useful review too.
AuntieShel said... (1/23/13 5:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful, Erica and thank you for the detailed review!
jlg said... (1/23/13 4:24 PM) Reply
Great dress and review.
sugarduck said... (1/23/13 4:02 PM) Reply
The color of this dress is just gorgeous and looks absolutely lovely on you. Thank you for this detailed review. Great job making it work!
Miss Tanya said... (1/23/13 2:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, lovely color, good fit. Very nicely done.