Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3498 (Girls Pants)

Reviewed by:leoniep

About leoniepstar
Member since: 5/16/12
Posted on:1/30/13 2:32 AM
Last Updated:8/1/13 4:19 AM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
dehart said... (8/1/13 4:21 PM) Reply
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! I was planning on using cotton/lycra jersey so I'll try it without and can always go back if they aren't staying up.
leoniep said... (8/1/13 4:01 AM) Reply
When I wrote this review I hadn't used clear elastic in the waistband and even after much wear, didn't need it. I have just sewn a full length pair in a poly crushed panne and, though my DD doesn't think it's necessary, she is forever hitching them up! It depends on the fabric. The clear elastic just makes sure there's enough rebound in the waistband to keep them up. The lycra fabrics didn't need it, nor did the better quality crushed velvet, but I will go back and sew in elastic along the serged seam for the current pair, which has a less "firm" stretch. Unless you're sewing in lycra or a fabric with a good recovery, insert the elastic. Another piece of advice if you want it - don't get the super shiny clear elastic - it sticks to everything as you sew and is really annoying. Try to get the matte clear elastic.
dehart said... (7/31/13 12:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I'm about to make these for my daughter and am wondering about the clear elastic sewn into the waistband. Is this necessary and what purpose does it serve? Thanks.