Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tribeca Shirt (Tribeca Shirt)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:2/2/13 1:26 PM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

FreyaStark said... (5/16/13 5:55 AM) Reply
A cute jacket, and a lot more distinctive than my charcoal grey, boiled wool LL Bean winter jacket (which is vaguely similar)!
chriseen said... (2/4/13 9:29 PM) Reply
Just a gorgeous jacket. Love the darts. Great review.
marthamyers said... (2/3/13 10:50 AM) Reply
Wow! What a lot of alterations you had to make. But the resulting jacket is really so nice. I've made this once but was not happy with the fit. Mine was a shirt. Had not thought of it as a jacket, but it sure does work!
becca a said... (2/3/13 10:18 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket, but what a lot of work to get the pattern to the point where you could create it.
fourkid said... (2/3/13 8:55 AM) Reply
Wow - this is gorgeous - and your clear details on your fitting are now burned into my brain (great mental image, ey?) for future reference. I will probably never make this jacket - but your clever adjustments and thinking outside the box are inspiring and useful to learn. I especially love how you did the darts on the outside. They look great and really add to the interest of the garment. Now that you have all the kinks worked out - you should make this a few more times!
lamstu said... (2/2/13 11:00 PM) Reply
I like your well-fitted version and especially the exposed darts. I had to fiddle with the fit on this coat too, but now it's a go-to layering piece in my fall/winter wardrobe.
jannw said... (2/2/13 5:55 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket..I really like the outside darts!! Add a lot of interest to the plain jacket..good call!
renren said... (2/2/13 3:58 PM) Reply
Your result is very nice but I can tell by reading about the things you had to take into consideration and "rejigger" (love it!), that it's way beyond anything I want to tackle. Very nice looking jacket--I would buy it as RTW, but I wouldn't sew it! Not yet, at least.
Pattern Work