Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 2286 (Marfy jacket)

Reviewed by:Re Becca

About Re Beccastarstarstar
Member since: 9/12/05
Posted on:4/15/13 9:25 PM
Last Updated:4/16/13 5:12 PM

PureJoy said... (12/15/14 0:31 AM) Reply
Wow! thank you for the review and encouragement to try Marfy. Loved the links, especially the mug. I'm ready to cut out some silk lining and im going to fuse it now, thanks to your suggestion. You did good!
TJSEWS said... (1/8/14 8:43 PM) Reply
I just came across your review of this jacket. Your jacket is spectacular!
mesewlot said... (9/6/13 9:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, and an excellent job executing the finish! I found your review because I was wondering if anyone made Marfy patterns...your review is the first I've read, and I'm so encouraged by it and I look forward to trying my first Marfy! It just may be this pattern ( if it's available). I have been looking for an attractive, "different" look for a leather jacket. I FELL IN LOVE when I saw yours...and, I LOVE the modifications you made!! Also, thanks for all the references!
amynxdx said... (8/27/13 10:45 AM) Reply
amazing!
Fictionfan said... (6/15/13 8:45 PM) Reply
Wow! Just Wow! So are you finally going to stop calling yourself an intermediate sewer? If a STUNNING, COUTURE, QUILTED, LEATHER JACKET isn't advanced, even expert, what more do you need to be able to do?? GREAT review! And you really do need that mandatory accessory...
cleverkitty said... (4/22/13 5:56 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Jacket I love it!!! Excellent review :)
blue mooney said... (4/18/13 9:18 AM) Reply
magnum opus! This has got to impress the pants off of everyone who sees it.
nancy2001 said... (4/17/13 9:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! You did a superb job!
mnitts said... (4/17/13 2:58 AM) Reply
Wow agree with what everyone has written here...beyond advanced sewing. Stunning work and great review!
cleverclogs said... (4/17/13 1:15 AM) Reply
Oh this is lovely, and your comments and blog are really helpful. If I ever get the courage to work with leather I'll certainly come back to your advice.
Re Becca said... (4/16/13 10:56 PM) Reply
Potlady, I used a Janome 6600 for the quilting (for the walking foot) and a 90/14 leather needle, for the rest of the sewing I used my old elna su air electronic. The walking foot is great for topstitching and quilting, but it really didn't handle the extra layers any better than my old machine. Thanks for the nice compliments, I really love this jacket! Well worth all the effort.
potlady said... (4/16/13 9:37 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and very informative review. What kind of sewing machine and needle did you use? Can't wait to see your next leather project.
BeaJay said... (4/16/13 9:21 PM) Reply
FAB jacket - love the quilting and the colour. You have done a spectacular job with this.
PattyE said... (4/16/13 8:27 PM) Reply
Fab jacket!
Sue Parrott said... (4/16/13 7:28 PM) Reply
WOW! I love your jacket! I love this so much and I think I must order one of those mugs!
portercs said... (4/16/13 5:24 PM) Reply
I love everything about this jacket. It looks great on you!!! Thank you for sharing.
beth5646 said... (4/16/13 1:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful. You did a marvelous job.
CynthiaSue said... (4/16/13 12:04 PM) Reply
what a fabulous jacket Rebecca!! Still sewing Marfy! Love it!!
ArtAttack said... (4/16/13 10:09 AM) Reply
It's stunning. I LOVE the color. Will you make me one?
Jrhee said... (4/16/13 9:54 AM) Reply
I would seriously never take this off! Thanks for all the helpful links and leather source. I haven't tackled a leather project yet, but aspire to.
Dianne22 said... (4/16/13 7:49 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful jacket and beautiful job creating it. The details you included like the choice of zipper and lining, to say nothing of the quilting, have made this a real designer jacket. You'll enjoy the fruits of your labor for many years to come.
Jstarr4250 said... (4/16/13 7:09 AM) Reply
Jacket perfection! This must be the next step beyond "advanced". What you've done with this beautiful colored leather is nothing short of amazing. Congratulations on an excellent review and enjoy all the compliments on your jacket.
Lynn WA said... (4/16/13 1:10 AM) Reply
WOW! It looks fabulous...and I can see why you carry that 'mandatory accessory' around! Kudos!
Jessica Dean said... (4/15/13 11:54 PM) Reply
I am so amazed! You did a WOW job on this!!! I am speechless....
Immelu said... (4/15/13 11:02 PM) Reply
That is a fabulous jacket!! Love the color, the stitching at the shoulders, the zipper, the lining, yeah, just everything! Thanks for the leather tips... If I ever sew leather, I'm going start with this review!

by: monicawood...