Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> ks-easysewing

Posted on:2/15/05 9:29 AM
Last Updated:2/15/05 9:29 AM

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew
Runrover said... (2/16/05 7:05 AM) Reply
Thank everyone for the kind comments. I'm eager to try the Wonder Tape Hilary. I'm sewing another t-shirt this weekend, a Simplicity pattern, and will try the tape in the hem. I'm also curious about comparing the Simplicity pattern to the Kwik Sew in terms of fit and construction.
Kathy Russell said... (2/15/05 11:32 PM) Reply
Your T came out great. I too have this book with master patterns but haven't tried any. Now I'll have to start thumbing thru them.
Hilary said... (2/15/05 12:50 PM) Reply
Great review- I think your shirt looks very good, too! And I will have to say, I have loved every Kwik Sew pattern I've tried so far, and I started with the sewing for toddlers book. The pivot and slide is one of my favorite fitting methods-I've always gotten good results with that. I have tried a regular FBA also and now that I've gotten the hang of it, it's pretty easy too. You might want to get a product called "Wonder Tape" for your hems-it stabilizes for stitching and washes out in the first wash. :o)
Mini said... (2/15/05 10:10 AM) Reply
Congratulations on a successful project. Ihave also found that choosing my Kwik Sew size by upper chest measurement and using the pivot and slide method is the best way to get a good fit.

by: KathleenS