Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258">The Contemporary Couture Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 112 (Japanese Field Clothing)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/17/13 3:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Annie P said... (2/18/13 6:03 PM) Reply
A versatile and useful garment. I made one years ago (maybe 20 years). I wore it to work, everywhere in fact, and am still wearing it, although only on weekends (I don't throw anything out). I folded the bottom of the full-length sleeve to form a pleat and added buttonholes for my handmade cufflinks, making the top less casual.
marthamyers said... (2/18/13 8:53 AM) Reply
Just lovely! I especially like your use of 2 fabrics. I am sitting here in my hippari from this remembering how much I like this pattern. So simple yet so pretty.
cindyann said... (2/18/13 8:53 AM) Reply
Nice work. You're right, what an odd approach to sizing. It's all in the seam allowance..... Love your fabric!
fourkid said... (2/18/13 8:02 AM) Reply
I really like the look - great job - and great review. I am always interested in the Folkwear Patterns.
lamstu said... (2/17/13 8:20 PM) Reply
What a great jacket from this interesting pattern. The fabrics are a nice combination. I've liked this style but thought it too boxy, so thanks for your insights on that account.
FreyaStark said... (2/17/13 5:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for a useful and interesting review. Your version looks like a comfortable casual garment.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2007-120