Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4783

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

GoSewGirl said... (4/18/05 1:00 PM) Reply
Cute skirt. I have this pattern already, and plan to make it up really soon. Thanks for the info about the bias tape, and your invisible zip/lining photo. Really helpful!
MaryBeth said... (3/14/05 12:43 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty. I'd love to see it on you to see how your alterations worked. I'm not often thrilled with the patterns from the Big 4 companies....
SewBusyRSL said... (3/14/05 12:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous work, Christina! I love the skirt. This is a pattern I'm definitely going to purchase. Thanks for your great review.
Debbie Cook said... (2/22/05 12:16 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt, and nice "upgrade" on the lining, which will feel so nice in the spring/summer. Congrats on your first review!
Christina W said... (2/20/05 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for all your nice comments! AnneM - you're right it does sit low in this picture. It sits higher on my actual waist, but I'm still fooling around with this new dressform to get it to match my shape a bit better!
Danvillegirl said... (2/20/05 9:46 AM) Reply
Very nice looking skirt. Good review as well.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/20/05 9:04 AM) Reply
Cute skirt! Love the bound hem and the perfect lining. But more than that, I love your sewing room--so light and airy and *neat*.
AnneM said... (2/20/05 8:28 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt. Very professional looking. And I like the lining as well. It seems to sit a bit lower than the pattern drawings indicate.
SewingSusan said... (2/20/05 8:12 AM) Reply
OH goodie!! I bought this pattern recently. Your skirt is wonderful. This skirt is also amazingly similar to a couple of Anthropologie skirts I have and just love wearing. Your did an amazing job on the lining and zipper.
Nancy Anne said... (2/20/05 7:31 AM) Reply
What a professional looking skirt! It would be great to see a pic of you in it!
Vonnevo said... (2/19/05 7:36 PM) Reply
Christina, a lovely skirt and good choice of style and fabric. We must have been made from the same mould..same figure shape and same size pattern and alterations. I have been sewing up this style skirt for a few months now and the cut does wonders in hiding my flaws. Simplicity 5005 (green skirt) and Vogue 7607 (with 2 yokes) are two other favourites.
BjP said... (2/19/05 6:22 PM) Reply
Very nice first review! Lovely job on the lining and zipper!
PegL said... (2/19/05 5:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt and a really good first review!
PattiK said... (2/19/05 5:46 PM) Reply
Love your skirt!
Jennifer shaw said... (2/19/05 5:27 PM) Reply
Great skirt! It looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing the tips. It sounds like I have a similar body type with you and caklock.
tigger said... (2/19/05 4:56 PM) Reply
love the skirt - and the fabric choice is great! I think it does look very fasionable - great job!
caklock said... (2/19/05 4:22 PM) Reply
Wow - I really love your skirt. It sounds like we have similar figure issues, so I plan to go out now and buy this pattern at the Joann's 99 cent sale and try it with your recommendations. Thanks for such a good review!
Lisette said... (2/19/05 4:12 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt, the fabric is lovely.

Pattern Work