Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2012-104 (Cowl Wedding Dress)

Reviewed by:slmstyle

About slmstylestarstarstarstar
OR United States
Member since: 9/17/08
Posted on:2/20/13 1:54 PM
Last Updated:2/20/13 2:15 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

sooolution said... (3/3/13 5:26 AM) Reply
The dress style is gorgeous and so beautiful in silk crepe! I love the color for a wedding gown. Very very great work. Upgrade your skill level immediately!
miausiau said... (2/21/13 5:09 PM) Reply
I get downloads together as fast as possible with glue stick and rotary cutter. Still I dislike the stiff paper and mess but sometimes you just need it now or can't find it any other way. I dreamt my wedding gown when I was young would be this type but alas I never married and now I would have to wear a body spanx. Lovely job!
1SewSweet said... (2/21/13 5:24 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this dress and yes I do believe it qualifies your for an upgrade in skill level! You actually completed it and the customer was happy!
Jrhee said... (2/20/13 11:40 PM) Reply
Great job, difficult pattern, but gorgeous style!
slmstyle said... (2/20/13 8:17 PM) Reply

slmstyle said... (2/20/13 8:00 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies! It was a great learning experience. I need to figure out how to upload a gallery photo that is not so up close, that always happens to me!
ArtAttack said... (2/20/13 6:01 PM) Reply
This is just beautiful...great work and well worth the effort. I say go for it...you're an expert now!
prostheticsgirl said... (2/20/13 4:05 PM) Reply
It looks lovely in the pics. I recently downloaded my first Burda (2 actually) and found the entire process tedius, plus I'm getting way too old to sit on the floor for that long!
Nadine Woods said... (2/20/13 3:14 PM) Reply
The dress is beautiful! I am sure your client will love it. I also hate matching and taping downloadable patterns. I'd much rather trace as I can alter as I do. Even though it was a royal pain to sew, I'm sure the bride will enjoy looking at pictures of herself in it for years to come. Great job!

by: Achallengi...