Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 12140 (Town & Country)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Kath said... (8/18/08 5:01 PM) Reply
I made the camp shirt in the smallest size at i wanted a more fitted shirt. i am 5'8" but I shortened it by six inches and I am happy with . I had trouble with the burrito yoke so I just skipped that. I think the silk was too slippery. It turned out very cute. Good review
Irene Q said... (5/16/05 7:45 AM) Reply
Ruth, the armhole on this is actually lower than the bust point, which makes a FBA more challenging. And there's really plenty of ease in the bust. I think I will just add an inch or so to the center front and taper up at the sides.
Ruth C said... (5/15/05 7:57 PM) Reply
On your next pleatblouse, are you planning to fix the front by just lengthening it, or are you going to do a FBA and put in a dart? I'm wondering because I think I would have the same problem.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/05 3:25 PM) Reply
You have been busy. This one looks very nice also.
jlg said... (5/15/05 2:19 PM) Reply
What a great job on your top. Very pretty.
Diana M said... (4/20/05 7:09 PM) Reply
Stunning!! Great review for a very nicely done shirt -- the color is great on you, the fit looks wonderful!
moushka said... (2/28/05 8:55 AM) Reply
Irene-Just beautiful! I've got that pattern somewhere in my stash; must dig it out and try it. You did a fantastic job, very professional. And you can't possibly be over 45!!! :-)
Karla Kizer said... (2/27/05 7:44 PM) Reply
I've had mine traced for ages. Now I can't wait to get one made up. It looks great, Irene!
Peggy L said... (2/27/05 3:25 PM) Reply
Irene - this is an absolutely beautiful shirt! you should be proud. I am adding it to my wish list! I have been wanting to try one of these patterns - I think this is the one. Lisa - I always use that tuck trick on the Italian blouse - works great.
Mini said... (2/27/05 3:05 PM) Reply
Irene, I think Cutting Line should be using your photos on their pattern covers-they are a lot more helpful than the drawings in seeing how they actually fit:). The color and style both look great on you.
MariaDenmark said... (2/27/05 2:46 PM) Reply
It's a beautyfull shirt!
jlg said... (2/27/05 2:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt. The workmanship looks so professionally done, and the color is wonderful.
Lisa Laree said... (2/20/05 4:30 PM) Reply
This is in my 'make this!' pile...as soon as I find some fabric that wants to be a camp shirt! ;) Thanks for the review...I'm betting the sleeve hem/cuff would adapt to Loes Hinse's Italian blouse. I'm gonna check on that...so glad you mentioned it!
annsew65 said... (2/20/05 4:25 PM) Reply
Irene, I've made this shirt, too, and dearly love it. I'll agree about the collar being so nice - and it really does look like top-of-the-line RTW - with some extra twists! Love Louise's patterns, for all their detailed construction details that make it several steps above any other patterns I've ever used!
Mary Stiefer said... (2/20/05 4:08 PM) Reply
Gosh, I hope you can post a photo at some point. This definitely sounds like something I would want to try.

StyleArc Twiggy Dress