Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8107 (Misses Dress)

Review submitted in RTW/Designer Knockoff Contest Contest

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Pattycrafty said... (7/31/13 9:44 PM) Reply
Stunning! -- fit and fabric!
imsewcrazy said... (3/17/13 12:21 PM) Reply
Great dress! Love it!!!
BJ1400 said... (3/5/13 11:06 AM) Reply
Wow! That is a fabulous dress!
sooolution said... (2/28/13 3:58 AM) Reply
I love it!
ChristineX said... (2/27/13 4:59 PM) Reply
Awesome!
Kristine Kay said... (2/26/13 7:53 PM) Reply
Thank you, everyone, for all you positive feedback! Im just glad that this forum exists, as it really pushes me to take a risk and try something challenging!
Bonnie O said... (2/25/13 11:01 AM) Reply
Whoa!!!! You NAILED it. And you look stunning wearing it! Congratulations!
margy.64 said... (2/25/13 4:47 AM) Reply
What an amazing dress. Congratulations on achieving your vision. All your hard work has certainly paid off...the fit is perfect and you look fantastic wearing it.
Meredith P said... (2/24/13 9:30 PM) Reply
Completely fabulous (and inspiring)!
talesofawannabe said... (2/24/13 6:48 PM) Reply
This is amazing! I think I like your version much better than the original designer one. I think you need to bump your skill up to advanced! :]
mmcp said... (2/24/13 6:31 PM) Reply
Gee, if that's what an intermediate sewist can do, what does advanced mean! Just spectacular.
Terri A said... (2/24/13 4:44 PM) Reply
This is INCREDIBLE! Amazing dress.
Quickie said... (2/24/13 4:06 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress
butterflyfly said... (2/24/13 3:10 PM) Reply
Amazing! And you created your fabric!!! Sooo creative! looks fabulous on you! Great great entry!
KiwiGreen said... (2/24/13 1:16 PM) Reply
You are totally rockin' this dress, girl! You did a fantastic job - absolutely beautiful!
Michele Lommasson said... (2/24/13 1:11 PM) Reply
Very nice work. I think it is wonderful how you took the concept and made it to suit you, rather than making an across the board knock-off.
carolynw said... (2/24/13 12:14 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning - you did such a close to knock off that I am sure most would think you had the mega bucks Lanvin dress. I am so impressed that you even "made" your fabric - terrific fit!
AndreaSews said... (2/24/13 12:04 PM) Reply
Stunning dress!
NJcowgirl said... (2/24/13 11:25 AM) Reply
You created the fabric!!!!! OMG, awesome. What a wonderful look.
becca a said... (2/24/13 11:05 AM) Reply
What a fabulous dress! I love everything about it! You did a fabulous job creating the fabric and aligning the stripes to create such a wonderful dress!
westmoon said... (2/24/13 10:58 AM) Reply
What a terrific dress and a really amazing knock-off of the original!
redside said... (2/24/13 9:56 AM) Reply
So impressive! You're an inspiration.
LynneH said... (2/24/13 9:17 AM) Reply
I love your dress. Outstanding job on your fabric. I like your version better than the Lavin. Congrats.
VivianZ said... (2/24/13 8:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! All that stitching! I saw this dress, and thought where would you find this fabric??/ You solved that perfectly!
jacqui rocks said... (2/24/13 8:42 AM) Reply
Wow!! I luv it.
DaisyEsq said... (2/24/13 8:17 AM) Reply
You did an amazing job! The dress is beautiful.
Jstarr4250 said... (2/24/13 7:32 AM) Reply
Now that's creative outside the box thinking at its best! Congratulations to you on this wonderful dress. I enjoyed your blog very much.
caper81 said... (2/24/13 6:41 AM) Reply
Wow! That is SO impressive! I went to your blog, and my goodness, it must've been labor-intensive making all those stripes! I assumed it was just striped fabric you used too. This is a fabulous dress, and you look fabulous in it! Great pose btw :)
yummymummy38 said... (2/24/13 6:27 AM) Reply
Wow I really love this. Isn't it satisfying to match up those stripes! Particularly like the back view, you definitely improved on the original
mm said... (2/24/13 6:26 AM) Reply
Stunning
JaxOz said... (2/24/13 5:47 AM) Reply
Wow! That looks great.... And you made the fabric... That's dedication! Well done!
ChristmasHills said... (2/24/13 3:05 AM) Reply
Loved reading all the details on your blog of your sewing journey. You look fantastic and your dress is just lovely.
Eva Suzanne said... (2/24/13 2:32 AM) Reply
Creative adaptation of rtw to pattern to dress! Nicely done
arianamaniacs said... (2/24/13 2:12 AM) Reply
Your hard work paid off! you look great!
sewmytime said... (2/24/13 1:04 AM) Reply
Awesome dress!
renren said... (2/24/13 0:30 AM) Reply
This is very eye catching--love it. A great knockoff and I bet you get so many compliments every time you wear it!
gabc said... (2/24/13 0:18 AM) Reply
This is such a fabulous dress - I love it and think your changes to the original Lanvin design were very sensible (most of us don't want to look like our hips stick out that much, even if it's fashionable!). Your hard work really paid off!
gabc said... (2/24/13 0:18 AM) Reply
Miss Tanya said... (2/23/13 11:37 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. Good fit and great fabric. You did a terrific job!
ArtAttack said... (2/23/13 11:18 PM) Reply
OMG! I can't believe you "made" this fabric! How cool...I thought you'd just found a wide stripe. What a great dress! I love the way you offset the stripes...great job! Your version is much better than the Lanvin!

Lekala Patterns 4278