Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1314 (Misses' Dress)

Review submitted in RTW/Designer Knockoff Contest Contest

Posted on:2/26/13 3:37 PM
Last Updated:2/26/13 4:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
weekendstitch said... (3/12/13 6:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! If I saw it on the street I would never imagine it was a knockoff. Congratulations!
kealoha said... (3/12/13 1:47 PM) Reply
Oh wow! Thank you all sooo sooo soo much! This is very exciting!!!!!!!! :)
butterflyfly said... (3/11/13 4:35 PM) Reply
I'm very pleased you won. You put a lot of effort in this dress and result is awesome! Congratulations!
Cici Cotton said... (3/11/13 5:25 AM) Reply
Congratulations! This was a great contest! Your blog and dress are great!
sooolution said... (3/11/13 2:20 AM) Reply
Congratulatons!
Aroura said... (3/9/13 1:20 PM) Reply
Amazing knock-off. Your fabric choices are spot-on, and this dress looks fab on you!!
KathleenS said... (3/9/13 6:23 AM) Reply
Wow. I'm just speechless. Um. I think what I want to say is that it's amazing that you overcame all the challenges involved in making this dress - losing the inspiration photo, placing the seams, 29 pattern pieces, matching the fabrics, doing a photoshoot that looks just like the model... Well done.
LM2HYD said... (3/7/13 5:21 PM) Reply
Incredible Knock off! Really well done
Michele Lommasson said... (3/7/13 0:09 AM) Reply
Great job getting the feeling of the dress you were copying!
Monte98 said... (2/27/13 8:12 PM) Reply
I love it! I don't think I would try it..it sounds like a lot of work!
Danvillegirl said... (2/27/13 6:38 PM) Reply
Your fabric choices were very good ones. Great knock off dress. Really like it.
ChristineX said... (2/27/13 4:51 PM) Reply
Awesome!!
kealoha said... (2/27/13 2:06 PM) Reply
I'm so overwhelmed and humbled by your comments. Thanks so much everyone!
LynnG said... (2/27/13 1:24 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job!! Love your little tee-shirt dress too. So cute.
Jrhee said... (2/27/13 9:58 AM) Reply
Fabulous on you!
BMoyer said... (2/27/13 6:03 AM) Reply
So nice, I couldn't decide which was the model and which was you lol.
margy.64 said... (2/27/13 5:47 AM) Reply
What a fantastic knock off. You should be very proud of yourself. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Best wishes in the contest.
Quickie said... (2/27/13 2:22 AM) Reply
What a good knock-off
ChristmasHills said... (2/27/13 2:13 AM) Reply
Perseverance and patience you must have in spades. What a mammoth task but you completed it so fabulously. Congratulations on your wonderful dress. Super matching on the back seam. Actually I can't believe they would advertise their own dress so mismatched! I just love it and I am really glad you are so thrilled with it too. This is why we sew.
Erin D said... (2/26/13 10:18 PM) Reply
Great knockoff-I love the combination of patterns.
caper81 said... (2/26/13 10:03 PM) Reply
What a sensational knock-off! Wow! I just went to your blog and girl, I don't think I'd have the patience you did, I'm amazed! Great photo too! Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)
Jstarr4250 said... (2/26/13 9:55 PM) Reply
I so enjoyed reading your blog post describing the making of this fabulous dress. You had a vision and saw it through to the end. How fun to have your family's help with the photo shoot. Congratulations on a knock out knock off.
SewWil said... (2/26/13 8:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress!!! Great job on re-creating the Ribkoff dress.
Dilliander said... (2/26/13 8:30 PM) Reply
Wow, a really stunning knock-off, looks just like the original (or better) and great idea to use the lining.
ArtAttack said... (2/26/13 8:01 PM) Reply
WOW!! This is a showstopper! What a fantastic dress and much cuter than the original! Love your fabric combos! Great job...good luck with the contest!
carolynw said... (2/26/13 6:10 PM) Reply
Absolutely awesome! Hard to tell the original from yours - really great looking dress
Terri A said... (2/26/13 5:48 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress. Love it!!!
Deepika said... (2/26/13 5:33 PM) Reply
Using the lining pattern was a great idea for this dress.I would have never thought of it! I love everything about this project. Your fabric choice, the fit and of course the photo shoot :)
RadarRadiance said... (2/26/13 5:20 PM) Reply
What a knock off!! You did a fantastic job and what a detective getting the picture of the dress back and finding your fabric pieces! Really cute!!!
slmstyle said... (2/26/13 4:59 PM) Reply
Great job on your RTW knockoff!
kealoha said... (2/26/13 4:55 PM) Reply
Thank you Dee2!!! You guys are so nice, you're slowly gonna make me love the dots, too. :)
Dee2 said... (2/26/13 4:52 PM) Reply
I really like your version better than the original! Love your fabric choices & placement & the dots really are a great addition.
kealoha said... (2/26/13 4:50 PM) Reply
Oh wow. Thank you so much blessedtosew! One of the things I cried about was not finding a white on black cheetah print, so that makes me feel so much better about the polka dots.
blessedtosew said... (2/26/13 4:38 PM) Reply
That is so awesome!!! I love the way you worked polka dot fabric in. I like yours better than the original.
kealoha said... (2/26/13 4:26 PM) Reply
Thank you ConnieBJ! I would absolutely kill for some hips and curves! But thank you for the compliment :)
ConnieBJ said... (2/26/13 4:16 PM) Reply
LOVE IT! The fabric choices are perfect. It was a smashing idea to use the lining part of the pattern- I'm not sure I would have thought of that! Of course I hate that you have no hips though!