Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1328 (Issey Miyake harem pants)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:3/12/13 4:51 AM
Last Updated:3/12/13 5:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Caro MW said... (9/26/14 11:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I thought I must have traced the pattern back to front - but your 'rubics cube' comment reassured me that it wasn't my problem! The pants are now the right way up, ready for sewing and looking good - but it took hours.
cussot said... (5/2/13 10:09 AM) Reply
Have you made any of the other parts of this pattern? I got a lot of wear out of the two tunics I made and the jacket was an interesting piece as well.
Scousegal said... (4/28/13 8:12 AM) Reply
WoW!!! Love those pants. Excellent review in that it explains what to do & have no oops moments thanks
marthamyers said... (3/13/13 8:45 AM) Reply
Just fabulous! Great pattern - great execution. Looks wonderful on you.
wimmie said... (3/13/13 2:36 AM) Reply
Hi RIVERGUM: you never cease to amaze me. I bought this pattern years ago for the top, never thought about the pants. You make them look like something one should make even as short as I am. Are you very tall. I never thought someone only 5ft 4in. could get away with these. Thanks for a wonderful review. Your top is also really very chic and smart looking.
lesliez said... (3/13/13 1:33 AM) Reply
Your pants look great and I love how you've styled them. I've made two pairs of these pants and have a third pair half finished. It doesn't matter how many times I've made them, I always get confused. I have to lay them out on the floor and fold them with the pattern piece lain on top to make sure I'm pinning them together correctly. But I love them so much I haven' let that stop me. Thanks for the review. It makes me want to finish up that last pair and maybe even cut another one.
rivergum said... (3/13/13 0:50 AM) Reply
Sorry, Sar sews, but as I mentioned in the review, the pattern number has been reused by Vogue, hence the pic of the dress. This seems to pop up automatically and I can't find any way to get rid of it. If you click on the 'more info' link below the wrong picture you will see what the pants look like.
Sar sews said... (3/13/13 0:20 AM) Reply
Great info but would really help if the relevant pattern number was quoted -- this pattern is for a dress....and I would really like to see the 'rubik's cube' pants pattern!!
brrmm said... (3/12/13 9:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous look you've got going on there. Love it all. Great work
julie w said... (3/12/13 5:41 PM) Reply
Great review, the pattern instructions were worth wrestling with
rivergum said... (3/12/13 3:45 PM) Reply
Don't worry, GermanKleinigkeit, we all have a hundred projects in our head that never quite see the light of day. If you saw my stash you would know that I bite off more than I can chew too. :-)
Renata said... (3/12/13 7:22 AM) Reply
Your outfits just keep on getting better. Love your style.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (3/12/13 6:41 AM) Reply
Hello rivergum, your outfit looks wonderful, these pants with this top are a perfect match for a stylish plus easy-going look. I like harempants, because as you said, they are so comfortable (I wear them all the time at home, and some of them outside also). Yours are great! I once ran across this pattern and thought, I don't need this one, because I already have harempants-patterns. But after your review, next time, I'll get it. Thanks for the interesting review. By the way, I haven't got around even thinking of making the interesting top of your other review (for which you so kindly offered help). Please excuse me for first asking and then not getting around to it. Some projects just get stuck in my head only for a while, before they become "real", hope you don't mind, or better, forgive me that. I like your style a lot, just in general, I think I said that already. All the best and always good sewing. :-)
FreyaStark said... (3/12/13 6:12 AM) Reply
Very interesting. Your persistence has paid off and you've ended up with a highly distictive and wearable garment.
Amiejean said... (3/12/13 5:26 AM) Reply
Wowzers. Interesting. Very nice review. I have noticed this pattern. For some reason, I am drawn to these types of garments. I like how yours turned out,they are almost like a skirt. Thanks. Very cool.

More Knits