Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Panel Pant (Panel Pant)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/25/05 1:57 AM

Minya, Warrior Seamstress said... (2/26/05 12:50 PM) Reply
I have considered making these for work. Now I can see that there's just too much fabric; they wouldn't be suitable at all. If I want to make them, it will have to be for formal or leisure events. Perhaps with Marcy Tilton's Vogue 7663 jacket.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (2/26/05 8:53 AM) Reply
Very nice! Your choice of drapey fabric really makes the design sing. I have made this pattern also, and love it. Interestingly, as I am tall, I lengthened it once, and was not as happy with the result. On me, I prefer the pants a bit shorter than ankle length (which for me was constructing the pattern just as it came out of the envelope). On you, ankle length looks fantastic!
JDpenelope said... (2/26/05 8:48 AM) Reply
I share others' views that the pattern appears unflattering, but you knew better! Yours looks great. I want to make some full, drapey pants, but have been afraid--It's encouraging that you look so good and you are also on the shorter side.
PVA said... (2/25/05 10:33 AM) Reply
Wow, Ann, I seriously thought this pattern would make a short person look like a pumpkin! I didn't realize you're only 5'3" -- you have a wonderful outfit there. Love the fabrics! Thanks for sharing with us how you handled the long crotch.
drsue said... (2/25/05 9:26 AM) Reply
What a nice outfit. When I saw that pant pattern I thought it would make someone's hips look huge but that isn't the case at all on your pair.
PegL said... (2/25/05 8:01 AM) Reply
Very pretty outfit and your shoes match perfectly!
Janet R said... (2/25/05 6:33 AM) Reply
This is pretty seriously adorable on you.
VtMartha said... (2/25/05 6:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Ann. The drape is perfect and I love the color.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 7969