Pattern Reviews> Past Patterns> 4990 (Ladies'/Misses' Slip-On Dress)

Reviewed by:Margaret

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

renren said... (3/24/13 1:35 PM) Reply
You look so demure, sweetly chic and professorial--all at once. Love, love, love this dress on you. Nice shoes, too!
nanaki said... (3/21/13 9:39 PM) Reply
Just last week, I bought this pattern and am about to embark on sewing it. It looks great on you, so I am quite relieved. I, too, will have to alter it to make it a tad smaller, so your sizing comments are very welcome. I think I have more of a "tube-like" figure than you (my "bust" is mostly shoulders), so I hope it looks as nice!
Margaret said... (3/17/13 3:42 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I do think the 20s shape is coming into fashion, judging from the recent shows and the recent Burda magazines. mmcp, I did try it with a couple of RTW belts, but they were too stiff and contrasting (all the ones I have, anyway) and just made me look shorter and wider. This may not be a problem for most people, because I do see a lot of straight but belted dresses being worn and looking fine on other people. It's possible I have enough self fabric left for a wide, soft sash that may look better. If that works out, I'll add it to the album.
mmcp said... (3/16/13 7:49 PM) Reply
I agree with Rhonda and jannw, the hem treatment makes it look modern. Did you try it with a belt?
beth5646 said... (3/16/13 6:31 PM) Reply
Wow! Very cool dress. I think it looks great on you. Thanks for the review.
FreyaStark said... (3/16/13 5:53 PM) Reply
An impressive effort, and the result is a chic and distinctive dress. It works well in that fabric and looks good on you, especially with that dramatic draped hem. I hope you find an occasion to wear it.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/16/13 1:27 PM) Reply
Sooo cool!! LOVE this look on you, Margaret... Contemporary and looks like a view of another time ;D
jannw said... (3/16/13 12:10 PM) Reply
Very nice!! This does have a modern look to it also...great info on the review as usual!!
Andi said... (3/16/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the details on your review. I was looking at this pattern company for a dress for DD.

Other none