Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3115 (Close Fitting Pull On Pants)

Viewed 2045 times
Reviewed by:Quesie

About Quesiestar
Member since: 4/4/04
Posted on:3/1/05 10:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Activewear    Pants
Hilary said... (3/3/05 11:32 AM) Reply
LOL Quesie, thanks for the review and your comment ;o) good job on the pants
Quesie said... (3/3/05 7:54 AM) Reply
my daughter took a picture of me in the surplice dress and it is backlit so badly that I just look like a chocolate brown apparition in a burst of sunlight. So you're going to have to WAIT.
LBJ said... (3/2/05 11:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. You've inspired me!
lisa m said... (3/2/05 11:20 AM) Reply
Camera working? Let's see the surplice dress, please. ON.
Quesie said... (3/2/05 10:11 AM) Reply
I don't have any problem with them staying up as per instructions... like I said, it's really just how long you make the wide waistband, what kind of elasticity is in the your fabric. I'm very glad to know that inseam information, thank you for that.
Lisa Laree said... (3/2/05 7:57 AM) Reply
I'm slapping my head, too...so glad you shared your teacher's observation...that explains a lot about KS's sizings...why the woven shirt I made (based on the size of the knit patterns I had previously done) was so snug fitting...
Karla Kizer said... (3/2/05 6:55 AM) Reply
Great pants! And regarding the length...I have to cut my DD's KS pants longer and she's only 5'3"; KS always seems to use a 30" inseam measurement, and that's both good and bad: bad because it's too short for a lot of people and good because you always know that you have to lengthen KS pants legs. I've made these pants a few times in far more predictable fabric choices; now you have me thinking "what's in my stash? " Thanks for the review and the inspiration.
SewingSusan said... (3/2/05 6:30 AM) Reply
Excellent review. Love your unique ideas. If you can find in hanging on racks in all the stores, why bother sewing it? I'd love to see those Elvis pants!
MariaDenmark said... (3/2/05 6:14 AM) Reply
" Even though KS is famous for their stretch garments, they always use their same old woven measurements for every pattern. " So that explains it! This is why I always have to size down! great review - and I also like your use of interesting fabrics!
tigger said... (3/2/05 1:20 AM) Reply
Great pants and a great review - I love the Rock Star Yoga Pants - cool!
valerie sews said... (3/2/05 0:11 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review. I am in the middle of sewing my first KS pants and I found them to run a bit on the largish side like you said, but the drafting is excellent. Do your yoga pants stay up with elastic? ps love your creative use of fabric.

by: Ineedaname