Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5696 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:RachelStonebreaker

About RachelStonebreaker
NV USA
Member since: 8/30/08
Posted on:5/10/13 1:10 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Tops    Skirts
Unsinkmbrown said... (8/31/13 11:35 AM) Reply
I was looking at this pattern for Madame Red's skirt as well. Your review is very helpful. Even though it doesn't pleat and drape the way you wanted, I think you nailed the Madame Red outfit. What pattern did you use for the jacket?
RachelStonebreaker said... (5/22/13 9:36 AM) Reply
Here's the full sized pic of the thumbnail - rear view. I thought when I chose that picture for a thumbnail that clicking on it would show the full size. Silly me, it takes you to the review ;) http://ramtech.us/ljpics/MadamRedBackView.jpg
madbadger said... (5/11/13 11:33 AM) Reply
I think it looks great and thank you for the awesome review!
arianamaniacs said... (5/11/13 4:50 AM) Reply
Your costumes look great! Unfortunately costume patterrns are often not as nicely drafted as normal patterns. Way to make it work! Good call on the train, I wore one at a masquerade ball and all the adults were stepping on it all night. It was extremely annoying whenever you start walking you are nailed to the ground and have to tell someone to get off your dress.
FreyaStark said... (5/10/13 6:05 PM) Reply
A fine effort. I am sorry you are not happy after all that work. The dress looks all right from where I sit, but you know best, of course. Your review should be immensely helpful to anyone who wants to make a similar garment. I would love to see a full-sized image of the back view. Any chance?
RachelStonebreaker said... (5/10/13 1:20 PM) Reply
All three costumes were completely hand made except for the wigs and boots. I'm going to write up reviews on all of them. The most fun was the hat. The most interesting were the gloves.

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)