Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Posted on:3/31/13 11:40 PM

Other Projects by rivergum using this Pattern

photophotophotophoto
Pam James said... (4/7/13 2:00 AM) Reply
Just what I needed! I have the Fav. top, the Jac shirt and the Anita Ponti pants all siting on my sewing table looking expectant! ive been uumming and aaahhing about them but now its a go!!!! Thank you once again river gum. Oh! and I agree about your interest page, it hard to bench mark 'ordinary' against these fabulous concoctions. Pam
VivianZ said... (4/3/13 8:14 AM) Reply
I love the top, and I did notice the fabric in that I love it, and think it is perfect for the top. I didn't notice the issue you have with it. I think you are looking way too close and need to step back. The photo makes the top look lovely.
fauxgetaboutit said... (4/2/13 10:02 AM) Reply
I see martini olives if anything. It's a great top and the print is fun. Good job on succussfully lengthening the sleeves.
FreyaStark said... (4/2/13 7:02 AM) Reply
I don't see boobs in that design. It is possible to overanalyse sometimes - I know; I do it myself. It's a great top and I think you should not worry but enjoy wearing it.
ChristmasHills said... (4/2/13 1:08 AM) Reply
I don't see it either. Just fun circles in a lovely print. I don't even see any eyes. But then again I am one of those people who could never see the picture in the middle of the Magic books that you had to stare into, go cross-eyed and then find the hidden whatever. I reckon there was no whatever - it was all a con. Just like the Emperor's new clothes. However you, m'dear are safe. (Perhaps stay away from boy's schools though to be sure.)
Renata said... (4/2/13 1:00 AM) Reply
If these look like your boobs you are in big trouble. More like jenleeC's random eyeballs after a wild night. I love the fabric and the top.
NEST said... (4/1/13 11:35 PM) Reply
I don't see targets, just lots of circles. I think your top looks great and you should wear it.
marthamyers said... (4/1/13 11:05 PM) Reply
What a cool top! Wear it and enjoy.
waltzqueen said... (4/1/13 10:50 AM) Reply
I love your detailed reviews! Just what I need to help me make a dad ganged top look the way I want it to!
marec said... (4/1/13 10:36 AM) Reply
Wear it and boobs be damned. My first response when seeing your photo was "Where did she get such fun and interesting fabric?"
BillieJean said... (4/1/13 8:07 AM) Reply
I didn't think about it 'till you mentioned it. Another beautiful top. Wear it, by all means, and thanks so much for the info on making it long sleeved.
jenleeC said... (4/1/13 7:55 AM) Reply
Random eyeballs, maybe, but not the other! You are just right on trend with the black and white theme.
Fran G said... (4/1/13 7:19 AM) Reply
Not to worry. Even after you mentioned your concern, nothing became obvious. I think as QSSSS says, there are too many circles and some have thicker edges than othes which makes it look like there are lines separating the circles. Great tip on the sleeve lengthening..You are good!!
Rebecca D said... (4/1/13 7:03 AM) Reply
I don't think it's an issue at all. Even with you mentioning it, I can't really see it. It's a great looking top.
mmcp said... (4/1/13 6:35 AM) Reply
So funny! I saw it once you described it, but this is a third vote for wearing the blasted thing. I think it's like those pictures where they ask if you see the old lady or the young woman, and once you see one it's really hard to switch==if you don't see them, you don't and once you do you're completely shafted! But on the topic of sewing, thank you so much, I've got this pattern and really wanted to lengthen the sleeves, you have saved me from having to figure it out myself and doing something totally stupid.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (4/1/13 5:19 AM) Reply
There's a saying in Germany: "You don't see the forest because of all these trees". Means I agree with what QuiltSewSew said: There are too many of "those" to make you think of particular ones. :-)) Oh rivergum, I'm still laughing, the way you write is so delicious. Thank you for all the thoughts and hints when lengthenning the sleeves. The Tessuti top is one of my next targets and this will help. Yours looks very pretty, I'd say, don't worry about the circle-print.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/1/13 4:22 AM) Reply
I a always conscious of the 'targets' syndrome, but didn't see it until you mentioned it. Because there are so many circles on the top, I don't think it will be an issue.

by: Sew Passio...

by: nickelc624

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)