Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8876 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:3/31/13 3:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
Mrs Malarky said... (5/23/13 3:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, nicely sewn. It looks great on you.
Mrs Malarky said... (5/23/13 3:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, nicely sewn. It looks great on you.
Barbara V said... (4/17/13 0:31 AM) Reply
Your version is so wonderful! I'm on the hunt for the right piece of fabric. I especially like your gathered collar and change in the sleeve design.
Annette1 said... (4/13/13 3:06 AM) Reply
Oh, GOODIE, GOODIE! I LOVED this pattern the minute I saw it, and yours is THE BEST EVER in this GREEN, and you look like a MODEL wearing it. :o) I, too, thought if I ever get around to make this, I would ditch the little cap sleeves over the longer sleeves. I'd have to lengthen it, too. If mine turned out HALF as pretty as yours, I'd be strutting around like I owned the place -- ha! :o)
marec said... (4/12/13 10:34 PM) Reply
This is so pretty on you, especially with the leggings! Thanks for a very helpful review-I'll use it when I construct my own version.
homewerk said... (4/7/13 8:47 PM) Reply
Striking! I'm just starting work on this pattern. Your review and photos are very helpful.
VivianZ said... (4/3/13 8:21 AM) Reply
I think you make up this dress beautifully. And your review is very helpful. It is easier to see the design details on your beautiful fabric. I love your dress.
sew2little said... (4/2/13 0:49 AM) Reply
Great dress, Martha!
meadowclark said... (4/1/13 10:04 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. It looks terrific and I have bought the pattern....just getting up the nerve to try it. Great work!
kkkkaty said... (4/1/13 10:16 AM) Reply
I am so glad you made this, and I love how it turned out. Thx for the review. I'd been wondering about making it to wear as a tunic, and your review tells me it would work well that way. thx
Rebecca D said... (4/1/13 7:14 AM) Reply
Great review, so helpful. I, too, love it with the leggings.
Fran G said... (4/1/13 7:07 AM) Reply
Martha..this dress is wonderful! So cute with the leggings. Any chance of you telling us where you purchased your gorgeous green fabric..simply stunning!
cmcarr said... (4/1/13 0:39 AM) Reply
You do beautiful work.
carolynw said... (3/31/13 10:37 PM) Reply
Lovely dress - it looks great on you and the colour is wonderful for your complexion. Never gave this pattern a thought but now it`s on my must get list - this is good as Vogue is on sale now. Thanks for such a helpful review
Renata said... (3/31/13 8:10 PM) Reply
You have convinced me I now NEED a long sleeved buttoned version for our coming cooler weather. I love the green and I agree with DorothyK, you look stunning!!
mm said... (3/31/13 8:03 PM) Reply
Nice dress. Love the buttons.
DorothyK said... (3/31/13 5:49 PM) Reply
I love your dress. You look stunning. This is particularly timely for me because I have just ordered some fabric to make it.
evdH said... (3/31/13 4:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Love it with the leggings!
mhoutz said... (3/31/13 4:44 PM) Reply
Stunning! I like this the best of any I've seen.
manola6176 said... (3/31/13 4:11 PM) Reply
The dress caught my eye the minute I saw it. I love the fabric you used. Thanks for a very useful reviewW. Check Marcy Tilton's blog where you can see that this pattern has many options.

Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern