Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1060 (MISSES' COAT)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/8/13 11:50 AM
Last Updated:5/8/13 11:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
marec said... (6/15/13 7:41 PM) Reply
This is just spectacular and I will refer back to your review when I sew up this pattern. I have been traveling this year and missed the review when it was published. Lovely work-thank you for the details.
JillyBe said... (5/21/13 4:56 PM) Reply
LOVE! Love love love! I wouldn't have given this pattern a second glance, but you've made a thing of beauty from it. Love that collar especially, and your fabric choice is perfect!
Ann Smith said... (5/11/13 10:54 PM) Reply
Why did I not see this until today? You are my favorite reviewer and your reviews are supposed to arrive in my email. Anyway, so great that you finally finished this, even if you didn't get to wear it at the fashion show. Fall will come and you are ready.
cmarie12 said... (5/9/13 11:05 PM) Reply
This is stunning! Love your fabric and button choices!
cleverkitty said... (5/9/13 4:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat, you always make spectacular things. I love everything about it especially the fabric :)
CynthiaSue said... (5/9/13 4:21 PM) Reply
Classy couture. Love. WHAT sewing retreat in Tahoe? How do I get invited;)
KarlaB said... (5/9/13 1:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! What a great fabric! I love all the changes you made. Perfect! It looks so very good with your skirt and top.
redside said... (5/9/13 10:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat...amazing style! You always look fabulous.
grays08 said... (5/9/13 9:32 AM) Reply
I love the shape of this, it's so flattering and lovely even with fewer darts. You've inspired me to get out my coat that's waiting on a few minutes of hand-stitching to finish that I started and mostly did two years ago! : )
BillieJean said... (5/9/13 6:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Love that fabric.
Jstarr4250 said... (5/9/13 5:52 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful on you and I love your button closure. Glad you're better!
DorothyK said... (5/9/13 2:20 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning.
Hauteaway said... (5/9/13 1:56 AM) Reply
This is a stunning coat. I can't even pay attention to the review because I keep going back and looking at the photo. Great job!
Annette1 said... (5/9/13 1:34 AM) Reply
You're going to have this little jewel just WAITING for you, come fall. (I hate that you've been SICK.) This is truly a STUNNING coat, and I LOVE the fit of it. I've often peered at this pattern, but those darts end up making me PEER ELSEWHERE. Now your version with only TWO darts might be the way to go for lazy me -- ha! You clearly have 'MO PATIENCE than me, picking all those darts out. :o)
cmcarr said... (5/8/13 11:59 PM) Reply
I really love your fabric. Another winner.
sew2little said... (5/8/13 7:33 PM) Reply
As usual, you have created a thing of beauty! I thought you were really forward-thinking when I saw that you had finished a coat, so it's good to know that even sewing goddesses sometimes take time to get things made!
marthamyers said... (5/8/13 5:09 PM) Reply
Wow, Barbara! Gorgeous piece. Everything about it is wonderful. Won't it be fun to have such a lovely item ready for you when fall arrives?
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/8/13 3:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful, Barbara. You choice of fabric and design changes breathe new life into this pattern. Now I'm thinking about making it again.
Nan Kay said... (5/8/13 3:22 PM) Reply
What a bummer that you didn't get to model it! Fabulous looking coat. Love the fabric.

Sewn Square One Skirt Smarts Pattern