Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:MarilynB

About MarilynBstar
MA USA
Member since: 7/31/02
Posted on:3/11/05 3:12 PM
Last Updated:3/11/05 5:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Danvillegirl said... (3/12/05 9:36 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. Looks very classic.
KarmenG said... (3/12/05 6:43 PM) Reply
Hey Marilyn! - a gorgeous suit - you did a beautiful job. I enjoyed your informative reivew.
Nancy Anne said... (3/12/05 10:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I was encouraged to give Vogue another tryn after a bad run with confusing instructions on them years ago and did so with this one. Wouldn't you know that this one has mixed-up instructions? It is well worth it for the nice design, though. I really love your version!
drsue said... (3/12/05 10:00 AM) Reply
What a fabulous job!
Karla Kizer said... (3/12/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Perfect!
marjenann said... (3/12/05 8:51 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. Well worth the time and effort. I loved your review too!!!! Lots of very helpful tips and advise!
Tiner W said... (3/12/05 8:21 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks beautiful! I have this pattern and plan to tackle it after Easter, so I appreciate the info about the sleeves and fit. I agree with your comment about the fake pockets!
AnneM said... (3/12/05 6:51 AM) Reply
You jacket is very nice, much nicer than the pattern drawings. Glad you were able to get a nice jacket out of the pattern.
PVA said... (3/11/05 8:08 PM) Reply
Very professional job -- thanks for the review! I too think the pockets look just perfect!
CarolynGM said... (3/11/05 6:36 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this jacket -- it looks quite classy. You covered the problems with the pattern instructions quite well -- I've made this pattern twice and noticed most of these same issues. I also had the same problem as Portia with the fit in the upper chest, but I think I should have used size smaller.
Portia Hirschman said... (3/11/05 4:00 PM) Reply
I've now made this jacket three times. In denium, boucle and lightweight wool. I agree about the sleeves being a little snug. At the same time, I found the upper chest to be too large--thank heavens for the princess seaming--was an easy adjustment to make. You did a wonderful job with the pockets! Nice jacket!
MarilynB said... (3/11/05 3:45 PM) Reply
Thank you. That is quite a compliment coming from you.
jlg said... (3/11/05 3:19 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and great review. Your jacket looks so professionally made. Beautiful.

Favorite Things A Wallet Purse Pattern