Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Lekala Patterns> 4042 (Knit cross neck top)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
dreamdesigner said... (3/22/15 8:26 PM) Reply
and it looks fabulous!!
HonBon said... (2/27/15 11:33 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. I just downloaded this top as my first Lekala pattern, and the directions are incomprehensible. With your details, I might have a fighting chance of making something I'll actually wear. Your top is gorgeous. Thanks for taking the time to explain in detail the steps you followed.
RoseE said... (8/31/13 12:16 PM) Reply
I learned so much from one review. You need a blog! I'm going to try my first Lekala this weekend. Thanks for your inspiration. Beautiful top and fabric choices.
KathleenS said... (5/8/13 8:21 AM) Reply
You did a great job with the print placement. It's a very striking top.
Jessica Dean said... (5/3/13 9:06 PM) Reply
Amazing!!!
mangoflavor said... (5/3/13 7:56 AM) Reply
Constructions looks so interesting. Thanks for this review.
nancy2001 said... (5/2/13 11:38 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your kind and very generous comments. I had a lot of fun putting this top together and hope you will be inspired to make one of your own.
Jstarr4250 said... (5/1/13 10:48 AM) Reply
How I applaud your persistence. Even looking closely, I was certain you had eliminated the center front seam. What an unbelievable job you did of pattern matching on every seam.
JDpenelope said... (4/30/13 11:27 AM) Reply
Oops, duplicate.
JDpenelope said... (4/30/13 11:27 AM) Reply
It's so beautiful, it's almost a work of art. No wonder it took so many muslins. It looks effortless, but after reading your review, I know that it wasn't!
Patti B said... (4/30/13 8:59 AM) Reply
What a journey you undertook, albeit unwittingly, to achieve this amazing top!
MNBarb said... (4/30/13 8:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful tops! I especially like the B&W version.
cleverkitty said... (4/30/13 7:49 AM) Reply
Meticulously made & beautiful fabrics both tops!!! Excellent review...
canei said... (4/30/13 7:43 AM) Reply
Really nice!
tigergirl said... (4/30/13 7:08 AM) Reply
this looks fantastic, you certainly hid those seams!
Mazzygirl said... (4/30/13 6:48 AM) Reply
absolutely gorgeous! I made mine in a plain fabric for my first attempt & was going to try a patterned fabric for my next. After seeing yours I most definitely will. I am also going to try my second top without that front yoke seam that gave you so much grief. I love your striped top as well, both turned out really nicely.
Sigrid. said... (4/30/13 6:38 AM) Reply
Fabulous, I've seen your progress on the thread for the contest and am in awe of the meticulous matching of the pattern pieces. I have ordered the top too and are grateful for this very, very helpful review.
ChristmasHills said... (4/30/13 3:07 AM) Reply
Your top is just fabulous and I really enjoyed reading about the whole process here on PR. Your meticulous work has given you a one off top which you can certainly wear all summer long with great pride. Your review is absolutely splendid. Good luck in the contest.
SusiM said... (4/30/13 0:50 AM) Reply
What a lot of work you have put into making this an excellent garment! It's striking in design and pattern. Thanks for an interesting and helpful review.

by: EmeraldEri...