Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1175 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:noodlesew

About noodlesewstar
Member since: 1/18/10
Posted on:5/4/13 4:12 AM
Last Updated:5/11/13 8:24 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Vesta Patterns

carrie18584 said... (5/13/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Wow - I'm so happy to see your version of this pattern. I was uncertain by the envelope but I'll have to give it a little more consideration! Great job!
Cheryl in Chicago said... (5/12/13 0:28 AM) Reply
The fabric choice is genius. And wearing it inside out , need to try that
carolynw said... (5/11/13 2:49 PM) Reply
Lovely - I like your version with the unnpressed bubble skirt better than the pattern envelope. Thanks for a great review
ArtAttack said... (5/11/13 1:21 PM) Reply
Outstanding! Very couture...lovely!
said... (5/11/13 12:36 PM) Reply
I made this one last summer in a linen. I left off the bubble completion with the lining excluded. Fortunately the bodice is lined with self fabric so that it doesn't pop around. Its a very fun dress but fit can be problematic in the bust area. I have been thinking of making another with some sort of cap sleeve addition. It's a crazy pattern but flattering. I am happy to see another go at it...excellent!
beth5646 said... (5/11/13 11:03 AM) Reply
Love your dress and great review. Thanks!!
RadarRadiance said... (5/11/13 10:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, what a unique pattern and love your fabric choice.
noodlesew said... (5/5/13 10:15 AM) Reply
@sue parrot, have you checked out GABC's review on her beautiful linen version? I am too short for that dress length. The pattern silhouette flattery calls for small shoulders and I am surprise that the dress fits my big shoulders.
Sue Parrott said... (5/5/13 9:40 AM) Reply
How have I missed this pattern? I love your version. How do you think it would look without the bubble hem? That is my only hesitation!
Sarsez said... (5/5/13 3:56 AM) Reply
I would've never given this pattern a second look but I love your version of it. Including the softer pleats.
Nancywin said... (5/4/13 11:50 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. Nice job.
mmcp said... (5/4/13 7:50 PM) Reply
with prttynpnk, was just looking at this one and wondering how it would really look made up. Thanks, the dress looks beautifully made.
prttynpnk said... (5/4/13 4:37 PM) Reply
This is a pattern I've loved but feared- beautifully done!
jenleeC said... (5/4/13 1:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I have this pattern and have been hesitating about the bubble hem. I love your version!
aaltje said... (5/4/13 12:19 PM) Reply
That is quite a unique dress! It looks great on you and I like your fabric choice - very neutral so all attention is drawn to the interesting construction details. Lovely!
Rosalaya said... (5/4/13 0:23 AM) Reply
Noodlesew; great review of the dress and your photos are so I informative too. Would have like to have seen it on, ....I don't mind headless shots.

by: FreyaStark