Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 3127 (3127)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:5/10/13 1:34 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

ceejayem said... (10/1/13 6:59 AM) Reply
thank you so much for posting this review. I have been drooling over the Marfy's recently and this is definitely on my wish list, but the lack of instructions is a little scary. Thanks for helping demystify!
liliv said... (6/18/13 11:13 AM) Reply
Perfection!
Kathi R said... (5/26/13 6:41 PM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing both your dresses together on the bride and her mother....beautiful work.
maryathey said... (5/17/13 4:03 AM) Reply
gorgeous dress. i got this pattern yesterday, its like a jigsaw lol. i read your review after i bought the pattern,! yikes. thank you for putting your photos on as i'm going to use that to hopefully guide me to a nice dress (i live in hope). i fiund these patterns recently and thought them beautiful like yourself. I make dresses all the time but i would'nt say i'm advanced. Seeing how gorgeous your dress is and the great tips you posted has given me hope. thank you xx
AndreaSews said... (5/12/13 10:58 AM) Reply
So lovely! The fabric and the style are gorgeous!
dresscode said... (5/11/13 11:33 PM) Reply
Exquisite....
lamstu said... (5/11/13 8:23 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress (and only a little biased: my mom wore the same color at my wedding ;)). I hope we get to see a picture of your sil wearing it at the wedding. Thanks for all the details of the dressmaking.
Ann Smith said... (5/11/13 11:43 AM) Reply
How unique and gorgeous. What a lucky sister in law. Look forward to photos of the event.
Dilliander said... (5/11/13 8:22 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and beautifully sewn! Great review too :)
Jstarr4250 said... (5/11/13 7:23 AM) Reply
Such a stunning dress and your fabric choice looks to be perfect. Please post wedding photos so we can see this gorgeous dress on your sister!
Danvillegirl said... (5/11/13 7:20 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! You did a great job!
MonalisaLondon said... (5/11/13 4:41 AM) Reply
It is absolutely gorgeous. Marfy patterns are just beautiful, and you have confirmed that.:) well done.
Re Becca said... (5/10/13 7:32 PM) Reply
That is stunning! I would love to see how the shoulder drapes on you. I love Marfys, congratulation on figuring out one of the more complicated ones. The fabric and the color are all just gorgeous.
prostheticsgirl said... (5/10/13 7:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful work; I really enjoyed reading about your process and seeing the different steps. Enjoy the wedding and the many compliments you'll receive!
CissieW said... (5/10/13 5:28 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! I think you were smart not to make it for yourself, since you would have stolen the show! Great review, which I appreciate, since I am contemplating my first Marfy dress!
ArtAttack said... (5/10/13 2:18 PM) Reply
Well, there are simply no words! What a gorgeous creation!
mnitts said... (5/10/13 1:58 PM) Reply
Stunning work!
Barbara V said... (5/10/13 1:47 PM) Reply
Congratulations on this masterpiece! I totally enjoyed reading your journey and seeing all details. I agree with you, this dress will be stunning and so perfect on your sister as she walks down the aisle with her daughter. What a wonderful Marfy pattern and your alterations very smart for fitting.

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt