Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5253 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:PVA

About PVAstar
OR USA
Member since: 3/28/04
Posted on:3/22/05 8:14 PM
Last Updated:3/23/05 8:29 PM

tgm and Kittys said... (4/27/11 6:06 PM) Reply
I really like this. What a great job! Very stylist & looks extremely well made.
CSM--Carla said... (2/19/07 10:10 PM) Reply
Pat, I just ran across this review while searching for an example of a longer jacket. I had no idea that you made this jacket that is in your profile! Gorgeous fit and wonderful color on you! Thanks for sharing --love Mgt. Islander's tip on the sleeve insertion. Thank you! Carla
funsewer said... (6/8/06 11:54 PM) Reply
Your jacket is just lovely and your review extremely informatinve. Thank you so much.
Lisa Laree said... (3/30/05 7:50 AM) Reply
What a great review...I'm going to have to pull out that Threads issue the next time I have time to spend learning on a garment instead of just cranking it out because it's needed ASAP ;) What a terrific looking jacket you've created...I bet you'll really enjoy wearing it!
Debbie Cook said... (3/25/05 3:45 PM) Reply
Pat, it's wonderful!! Both the jacket and to see a review from you. I'll echo what's already been mentioned but one can never have too many compliments -- this is a GREAT color on you. Very striking. Loved all the details you included, very thorough. And I hope I'm in that room when you nonchalantly toss your jacket and the gorgeous lining is displayed to everyone's envy. :)
PVA said... (3/25/05 11:02 AM) Reply
Gosh, thank you all for the wonderful compliments. I'm visiting my DS & family & have the jacket with me for church Easter morning.
moushka said... (3/24/05 3:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for the sleeve setting instructions. Gotta give it a try. Your jacket turned out beautifully. Wish I'd seen this class before it was full. Will have to look up the Threads article and give it a try.
Asa Hagstrom said... (3/24/05 9:37 AM) Reply
Pat, your jacket is wonderful, and the review is very helpful. You shouldn't have to toss this anywhere for people to see the inside - just wear it inside out! :) I hope you get plenty of use for your newly-learned techniques.
Gemma K. said... (3/24/05 8:36 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket! Where could you ever find a RTW jacket with such quality workmanship, superb fit and beautiful lining? Itís a perfect example of why we sew.
krillekat said... (3/24/05 7:51 AM) Reply
What a great jacket and review. This was truly helpful to read!
Ann B. said... (3/23/05 11:32 PM) Reply
Pat, your jacket it fantastic! I hope that you enjoy it every time you wear it. Beautiful, beautiful.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/23/05 8:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing the gorgeous lining, Pat! You are inspiring me to forge onto the tailored jacket project.
SueV said... (3/23/05 6:39 PM) Reply
yeah, go ahead, toss that jacket and expose it - it's beautiful and a great review!
Shannon Gifford said... (3/23/05 4:10 PM) Reply
GREAT job! Kudos!
lynndieloo said... (3/23/05 3:50 PM) Reply
Hi PVA, I really like your jacket. The interior is very nicely finished. Thanks for sharing the techniques you used. I like way you eased the sleeve caps. Anyway, great job. I look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future.
tigger said... (3/23/05 3:08 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket - I love it and really enjoyed reading your review since I'm currently working on a jacket pattern - my first - of my own! Great review!
Snowblossom said... (3/23/05 3:01 PM) Reply
Great job! thanks for the sleeve setting technique, I will have to try it. Love the fabric - that is absolutely my color & I have been trying to find jacket wait fabric in that color. I have just ordered some. Yippee!
Tiner W said... (3/23/05 2:38 PM) Reply
This is a great review, full of info that I will use for a project I'm currently working on! Your jacket is beautiful, inside and out. I hope you have many opportunities to "artfully" display it!
Georgene said... (3/23/05 2:21 PM) Reply
Super color! I love the inside trim. I'll be looking for a few more versons of this from you.
BjP said... (3/23/05 11:16 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful color on you! This is absolutely *your* color! Great looking jacket and a very well-done review full of tips. (BJP now instead of jeanetteP)
cindyann said... (3/23/05 7:57 AM) Reply
Very nice, PVA. Great review. Another thanks for the sleeve easing tips. Must try that.
MaryBeth said... (3/23/05 7:48 AM) Reply
Hey, you've gotten the main photo to work and your jacket is lovely! Good review too, with lots of info. Thanks! Hopefully you'll get the extra links to work, too. I'll check back :)
CarolynGM said... (3/23/05 6:20 AM) Reply
Very interesting technique for easing the sleeve caps -- I think I will try it. Lovely jacket and great review.
ryan's mom said... (3/23/05 6:19 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful jacket. Thanks for posting that tip about easing the sleeve cap into the jacket.
jlg said... (3/23/05 5:32 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. The color is beautiful.
AnneM said... (3/23/05 4:03 AM) Reply
Pat - congratulations!!! The links within the review aren't "live", & I would love to see those pics. Great review; I was hopeing to see it shortly. Neat technique on the sleeves for difficult to handle fabrics.
ChrisK said... (3/23/05 2:51 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket, great colour and fit - also thanks for the detailed review. The links are not working and I'd so love to see the inside of your fab jacket ;-)
flowermama said... (3/23/05 1:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and lovely color on you! I would love to see your links but I can't, I'm not sure if they work. Thanks for all the construction details - BTW how do you like the interfacing from Peggy Sagers? I am considering purchasing some.
PVA said... (3/23/05 0:42 AM) Reply
Thanks all for all the encouragement & compliments. I do appreciate all the support! Hi mClones & thank you. For Margaret's method to ease in the sleeve cap it's necessary to be sure & give yourself plenty of time. In the steaming process it's best to sock the steam to it & let it cool a little before handling it. Each time! When I'm doing this it's at a time when I don't have anything else competing for my attention. (8^D)
mClones said... (3/22/05 11:48 PM) Reply
Jacket looks great on you. Thanks for the set-in sleeve instructions. Sounds and looks like you get good results with it. I'd like to try it but, don't you get burnt fingers with all that steaming?
Lori V said... (3/22/05 10:07 PM) Reply
great jacket and review
Jennifer shaw said... (3/22/05 8:47 PM) Reply
Wow!! You really did a fantastic job on your jacket!! It is such a great color on you. Congratulations on finishing such a superb jacket. Thanks for the excellent review. Jennifer
Kim Winson said... (3/22/05 8:42 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! And thank you for the excellent review. I am almost finished (buttons and hemming) with this same jacket, but in fleece. So nice to see it in a woven! Kim

StyleArc Steffi Jacket