Pattern Reviews> Other> Miette Wrap Skirt (Tilly's Miette Skirt)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Posted on:5/18/13 10:43 PM
Last Updated:5/18/13 10:49 PM

Terri A said... (7/4/13 3:29 AM) Reply
I found it on etsy mufffet! It looks great. The pockets have a nice shape too and the length is good. Hmmm maybe have to buy it!!!
Rhoda K said... (7/3/13 2:24 PM) Reply
I love your skirt and fabric - love red ;-) I'm just finishing this skirt for DDIL.
Mufffet said... (7/3/13 10:00 AM) Reply
I am going to poke into some stuff I have stored and see if I still own that Vogue! It is possible...;)
Terri A said... (7/1/13 8:46 PM) Reply
That is a great pattern! There are a few copies on etsy. I like the cute small pocket on large pocket detail. I recently bought Kate Marchbanks 8361 1960-1962 wrap skirt pattern. I have never sewn one of her patterns and hope it's a good one. Vintage patterns are my favorite but only 50's, 60's, 70's and mostly the latter two.
GlButterfly said... (6/30/13 8:20 PM) Reply
That skirt does look cute on you. Like Mufffit I have a very similar pattern, Butterick 6035, from the early 80s. I made mine in red (either kettlecloth or weaver's cloth). No longer have the skirt, but still have the pattern.
Mufffet said... (6/30/13 5:54 PM) Reply
This is almost an exact copy of a Vogue wrap around skirt pattern from the 70s. Boy, it caught my eye because I made this skirt in the same color back then in a kettle cloth. The pattern is only different in the top and cut of the pockets - otherwise a complete rip off of that Vogue. I loved that pattern and did make it a few times. Looks great on you!It is Very Easy Vogue 8518, and it can be got online. I keep records of everything I sew, and I just retrieved this info from 1973!
cweetgal said... (5/27/13 8:39 AM) Reply
Pretty SKirt!!
Terri A said... (5/19/13 6:06 PM) Reply
Thanks guys... I have some other basic wrap skirts from the sixties I want to make too. They are easy to make and wear :) Well... If you have a good wrap around and no wind ;D
Heatherrique said... (5/19/13 11:21 AM) Reply
A classic wrap skirt never goes out style. You created a wonderful skirt from this pattern!
newmama said... (5/19/13 7:09 AM) Reply
I love your version in denim. You do such beautiful work, I want to wear that skirt, even though it's not my normal style ;)
ArtAttack said... (5/18/13 11:21 PM) Reply
This is SO cute. It reminds me of one my mom made me in Jr. High in a purple demin. WAYYYY before you were born.

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern