Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1312 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
AZ United States
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:5/29/13 4:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Spiralfelt said... (10/8/14 7:46 AM) Reply
You did an excellent job with this pattern, it looks great on you. Just got this pattern today and, although you advised against it, I'm going to have to shorten the top skirt (and the hem) so its in proportion for a shorty like me.
nineten said... (10/8/13 11:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for a very helpful review. Just what I needed before putting scissors to fabric.
Lisa Laree said... (6/24/13 7:37 PM) Reply
This is a great review; you told me what I need to know when/if I get around to making this! Thanks!
Margaret said... (6/5/13 12:10 PM) Reply
Sorry about the bodice problem, but this looks very cute and I'm glad it can still be worn!
liliv said... (6/3/13 2:23 PM) Reply
I like it a lot, really sweet dress. Too bad it is uncomfortabel on you, it looks very pretty!
marthamyers said... (5/30/13 12:48 PM) Reply
Yes, this is fabulous! I keep eyeing this dress in my stash. A woman in my sewing group wore one last Saturday. She used a TNT bodice pattern and laid it over this one. Even though I do not have much boobage, I think I might try that. And, as others have said, it looks absolutely great on you!
wildberrymom said... (5/30/13 10:57 AM) Reply
I'm liking the idea of the gusset fix as this is too cute not to wear or be uncomfortable.
sew4grands said... (5/30/13 8:20 AM) Reply
Very pretty, perfect for an afternoon garden party
Rebecca D said... (5/30/13 6:54 AM) Reply
Looks good on you, I think.
wendyrb said... (5/30/13 1:17 AM) Reply
You nailed it with your styling. It is sweet, swingy, summertime and you look right in it. Way better than the Vogue Vamp. Owie about the mooshed boobs! I shudder to think about moi . . . Wear it with a little shrug if you don't want to redo with one of the good ideas here.
Annette1 said... (5/30/13 0:27 AM) Reply
VERY cute, and you wear it so well (as you do EVERYTHING). :o) That's great information to have about the bust being so close-fitting. That would be a fatal error on my part. :o(
carolynw said... (5/29/13 10:49 PM) Reply
I love this on you - mushed boobs and all - first look I thought "doesn't she look so cute" am sorry it didn't turn out as well as you would have liked - I think JillyBe has a good solution!
sfshaza said... (5/29/13 9:26 PM) Reply
First, that is a pretty dress! Second, I was going to suggest the same thing that JillyBe did - a little gusset at the upper side seam to relieve the boob squishage - though it doesn't look bad, but I can imagine it's not the most comfortable. It's cute!
mhoutz said... (5/29/13 8:02 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress!
Athene said... (5/29/13 7:11 PM) Reply
This is a really nice dress. Thank you for the review.
Renata said... (5/29/13 6:46 PM) Reply
I seem to be copying your style of late. I have almost finished making my version except our approaching winter has got in the way. I actually did a muslin first and found it uncomfortably tight putting it on, even with a side zip, so I added a back seam with zip. I like your fabric and think the dress is flattering in a relaxed way.
JillyBe said... (5/29/13 6:13 PM) Reply
Really lovely on you! (squished boobs aside) Would it be worth adding an "aftermarket" modified gusset at the sides? It's just such a lovely color & fabric!
mchick said... (5/29/13 5:18 PM) Reply
It looks lovely on you, gorgeous colour. If you are unhappy with the bodice (looks good to me) you could replace it with jersey? I always think this pattern top is jersey, and am surprised that it's designed for woven fabric
Barbara V said... (5/29/13 5:12 PM) Reply
Well...not that mooshed....I like the look of it on you! The only thing is- if it is not comfortable then it is not as much fun to wear. I do hope you will wear it some though. I can't wait to make one of these for myself. Your review was very helpful!
mollyshark said... (5/29/13 4:31 PM) Reply
I did this one in a similar fabric and it does use a TON of fabric. Mine was maybe a tad stiff. I did an fba which helped, but for some reason the shoulders are VERY narrow. Fit on the top is just...odd. I love the dress, but it is not as comfortable as it should be. Will have to try it on and analyze and see if I want to do another. Will have to be convinced because of the quantity of fabric it uses.
anne jewell said... (5/29/13 4:22 PM) Reply
i like the dress on you a lot. if ever you feel ambitious, make a new bodice only of white linen and replace the blue, tight one. you look cute in it!
Patti B said... (5/29/13 4:19 PM) Reply
I really like this except for the smooshing, of course. It is reminiscent of a Burda sundress with the angular skirt. Do try it again.
beanchor said... (5/29/13 4:13 PM) Reply