Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> S2475

Member since: 1/7/06
Posted on:6/16/13 9:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Cody7 said... (6/18/13 0:33 AM) Reply
Ladies the center panel of this skirt was not graded for the different sizes. I am sure it was just a one size fits all pattern piece. I will keep an eye out for this in future patterns to avoid having this problem again.
persevering said... (6/17/13 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for your kindness in doing this sewing review. Yes I agree with the other comments that your sewing looks great! I've had my mind on this type of skirt/pattern for a long time and especially appreciate your feedback. It is great how posting about sewing can contribute to our future sewing success!
JudieL said... (6/17/13 11:40 AM) Reply
What a shame. You've done such a great job sewing it.
mrsmcginty said... (6/17/13 9:35 AM) Reply
Let me guess... The way the pattern is designed the center panel is either not graded, just the same for all sizes, or the grading is done on a smaller magnitude than the side panels. I had a similar experience with a vogue pattern. The design elements seem to shrink as the sizes get larger because they are not graded proportionally. I was so angry when I figured out why my dress was off, and obviously I've held on to some of that. It's a shame because your top stitching is AWESOME. beautiful work.
MrsCharisma said... (6/17/13 9:02 AM) Reply
The work is impeccable! I'm sorry you don't love it :( And if you're looking for a hip-less giftee... ;-) I'm sure the next project will be a winner for you!
Lori V said... (6/17/13 7:12 AM) Reply
I am so sorry you are not happy with your skirt, the stitching and fabric is beautiful.
21wale said... (6/17/13 0:32 AM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work out for you. The details and stitching are very nice.
Vonnevo said... (6/17/13 0:17 AM) Reply
Julie, your skirt looks great :) Thanks for your VH review ! I have this pattern and yet to sew it. Your review has forewarned me about the fit for my body shape. Perhaps I will use some unloved fabric for my first skirt.
sew2little said... (6/16/13 11:43 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you're disappointed as the skirt is beautifully sewn.
kimmielovesparis said... (6/16/13 10:38 PM) Reply