Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7281 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Top, Shorts & Pants)

Reviewed by:mhoutz

About mhoutzstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/27/04
Posted on:6/30/13 7:22 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Baja Susana said... (11/10/13 10:33 AM) Reply
I love polka dots, and piping, I love the Jacket, and I have also,stacked buttons to get the look that I wanted. This is a lovely jacket and looks wonderful on you.
norie creates said... (7/2/13 1:59 PM) Reply
You are such a style maven! Everything you make is gorgeous and impeccably made!
elsew said... (7/1/13 5:32 PM) Reply
Glad I have this pattern in my stash and your review and rendition of the pattern will have me pulling fabric from my stash to make it up. Just love the contrasting binding. Very smart-looking.
tiadia said... (7/1/13 4:04 PM) Reply
This is so lovely! I love the splashes of red with the polka dots. Great looking jacket!
Hauteaway said... (7/1/13 12:35 PM) Reply
Talk about serendipity. I am cleaning my office, which is downstairs from the sewing room and has loads of mystery boxes in it (!), and yesterday I found a baggie containing this pattern. Thanks so much for the review, I can't wait to try it!
sfshaza said... (7/1/13 12:06 PM) Reply
I just love this, Margy! It makes me want to find my copy of this pattern!
carolynw said... (7/1/13 11:54 AM) Reply
Smashing and thanks to the sewing gods that be that I still have this pattern. Your version is by far the nicest I have seen and inspires me to get this one out and give it a try similar to yours - remember "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" :)
Mufffet said... (7/1/13 11:18 AM) Reply
Love your jacket - excellent job. I own this pattern but have never gotten it out and made it. Your look is an inspiration.
salsera7 said... (7/1/13 11:14 AM) Reply
You are just fabulous. The jacket looks great on you.
DorothyK said... (7/1/13 10:42 AM) Reply
I love the jacket. Great fabric, great cut. The piping and stacked buttons are perfect. I tried this pattern once and it was too fitted for me. Maybe I'll try it again with a stretch fabric. Thanks for the review.
wildberrymom said... (7/1/13 9:54 AM) Reply
What a snazzy jacket! Love the piping and great fit. The stacked buttons are the perfect finishing touch.
VivianZ said... (7/1/13 8:00 AM) Reply
Lovely top. What else can be said.
Danvillegirl said... (7/1/13 6:48 AM) Reply
Cute jacket!
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/1/13 0:37 AM) Reply
Wow - what's not to love?????????
SewWil said... (6/30/13 11:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Looks great on you. Love the polka dots with the red trim.
Elona said... (6/30/13 10:01 PM) Reply
That top is almost lethally cute on you! Really, have I not said that fitted clothes are your thing? I have not made this top myself, but have often wondered if the cut-on sleeves would benefit with the tiniest little underarm gusset for a bit more freedom of movement. Do you feel any kind of limitation in that department?
annakeeton said... (6/30/13 9:13 PM) Reply
The polka dots with red trim is a great combo. Love this jacket!
Renata said... (6/30/13 8:54 PM) Reply
Love your style and creative extras. Love those red details.
JudieL said... (6/30/13 7:55 PM) Reply
Love the top/jacket. Perfect colours, and I'm going to steal your "stacked button" idea as well.
sew2little said... (6/30/13 7:39 PM) Reply
At PR Weekend in SF, someone asked Sandra what her best selling pattern was. While she answered with her best selling "current" pattern, I thought immediately of this pattern. Your rendition--in your classic black and red--does a great pattern justice.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/30/13 7:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I love the buttons, trim and shape...very cool
Rhoda K said... (6/30/13 7:38 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Love the colors, as always. I, too, like the stacked button idea!
ArtAttack said... (6/30/13 7:36 PM) Reply
Super cute jacket and love the red piping. Your "stacked" button idea is brilliant! Thanks for that idea!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417