|Ack!! Just noticed the hem looks awful. It is actually straight, I've just spent most of the day sat down and it's a bit scrunched! |
This pattern is currently available as a paper pattern or a downloadable PDF from the Wiksten website
Pattern Description: Yoked front top or dress with 3/4 length sleeves.
Pattern Sizing: XS - XL, which is approx 31 - 40" bust
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The pattern only has a sketch and the sewn example on their website is in a plaid so it's a bit hard to tell, but I think so.
Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions include sketches and black and white photos to illustrate the steps. Nothing too tricky here. They made for a nicely finished shirt.
Fabric Used: A check cotton flannel, nice and toasty!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: After my first iteration of this pattern, here, I added 2cm length right across the front, back and sleeve at upper chest height to remove the pulling that was occuring.
- Because of the angle the sleeve is set in, with that I ended up adding the 2cm across, tipping the width to 0 in the centre of the sleeve, and then adding the width I lost from the top of the sleeve head back into the sides of the sleeve, which I then blended to nothing at the cuff. (sorry if I made that really confusing).
- The FBA that is detailled in my previous review.
- Cut the yoke on the bias.
- Added snap closures to the front.
- A change I made to my last version of this top was to add fisheye darts to the back for some shaping. I am still undecided if I will do this to this version.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, now that I have the pattern fitted how I like I am going to churn out a bunch of these.