Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8815 (Misses Top)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Posted on:7/23/13 8:35 PM
Last Updated:12/8/13 9:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
fourkid said... (4/9/14 12:59 PM) Reply
This pattern is used for the Craftsy plus size fitting class. I have only just got my pattern cut - but yes - the darts are totally on the wrong place. In class we move them and add a side dart. I will do a review when completed - I am hopeful. It is a cute top.
ClioBklyn said... (12/10/13 3:40 PM) Reply
I agree 100% about the darts - too high and too centered. I found the same thing when I sewed this, but was able to make it work in the end. Bummer that this didn't work out for you. :-(
karen n said... (12/9/13 3:20 PM) Reply
Thanks Jo Ann for the blog post on bust points. It was funny. Unfortunately, I had a similar response as Graca and ended up trashing my 8815. It didn't work with my figure.
LizJ58 said... (12/9/13 10:28 AM) Reply
Wow, view "C" is next on my list and I really want to make it! I just completed my duct tape dress form, so fortunately I have a better shot at working out the fitting problems.
Jo Ann Ely said... (8/24/13 11:38 AM) Reply
Here is a blog post about the dart issue and what can be done pre-cutting- http://fitforaqueen.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/phonecalls-and-peplums/ She cut a size 22 for her client and found some flaws too.
Arted said... (8/19/13 10:28 PM) Reply
I am working on my muslin and I agree the darts are suspect. Your top looks very nice.
Sew Whatever said... (7/24/13 5:39 AM) Reply
Sorry you didn't like the result. Could you restitch the darts to at least make them lower without the unpicking holes showing in the sateen?

Vintage Pattern Lending Library T5918