Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1600 (Vintage Baby Romper)

Reviewed by:julibet

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

dreamdesigner said... (7/5/16 2:23 AM) Reply
Too, too cute. Adorable!!! I had just the bottoms (no ruffles) cut out for a while now just to check the sizing. 'Cause I don't want to go thru all the work of creating the ruffles and have it not fit my granddaughter. But haven't gotten to sewing it yet, but about a week ago, my dd sent me a picture of almost the SAME exact romper that she found on Zulily. So I thought to myself, "I'd better get going on that romper - fortunately (for ME) when I looked for it on Zulily, it was no longer available. So I pick some adorable fabric from my stash, and cut everything except for the back panels and straps, and am looking at the front panel(s), and thinking, "Is this going to fit her?" The length looked like it could be too short. I have NO doubt that the panties are plenty wide enough. So, although I'm wanting the outfit to be a surprise, I ask my dd to measure the baby from her chest to mid-crotch. She says she's about 11 to 11.5 inches. I measured the front panel to be 14 inches, and I think that should be good, but now I'm worried. She's also only 6 months, but aprox 20 lbs. What to do. . . . .
dreamdesigner said... (7/5/16 1:48 AM) Reply
missd3 said... (7/25/15 9:07 PM) Reply
Working on this now. Thanks for the warning about the sizing.
Peaches_ said... (3/12/15 8:33 PM) Reply
I'm making this at the moment & cut the 6 month size for my 20 month old, and its HUGE! I also cut the XXS/ Newborn size and its still big but will see how we go!
carolynw said... (8/2/13 12:33 PM) Reply
Adorable - ruffles on a baby's bum is beyond cute!
Cristinagf said... (8/2/13 2:39 AM) Reply
Ack! That is adorable!!!!
QueenZ said... (8/2/13 1:42 AM) Reply
Cute indeed!
slmstyle said... (8/1/13 12:14 PM) Reply
Super adorable, I love it! I'll have to pick up this pattern for the next baby girl that comes along in my little circle of friends. Thanks for your review.
atymonw said... (8/1/13 9:35 AM) Reply
So cute! I just made a McCalls baby outfit and it turned out huge too. I wonder if all the Big 4 baby patterns run large.
N_Vogue said... (7/28/13 1:52 AM) Reply
So very cute!
Hilary said... (7/26/13 10:05 PM) Reply
Unbelievably CUTE. The outfit too (lol!). Thanks for sharing!!
lyndle said... (7/26/13 6:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! And I love your GD's hair... so cute... The combo of fabric, pattern and gorgeous baby is perfect.
LynneH said... (7/26/13 5:51 PM) Reply
Very cute. Adorable outfit and baby
Pj3g said... (7/26/13 5:34 PM) Reply
Ruffles on a baby's butt is the best! Adorable!
suesew4me said... (7/26/13 5:14 PM) Reply
Very cute.
Clareew said... (7/26/13 5:09 PM) Reply
That is just wonderful, if only my DD was 14 years younger.
Morisot said... (7/26/13 2:42 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness, how adorable is that! (Baby and outfit.) I just made up a romper and a dress w/panty from a Kwik sew pattern -- they are cute, but this pattern you used is perfect.
Deepika said... (7/26/13 1:10 PM) Reply
Super cute. I took the liberty of fixing the photo in your review.
NEMDF said... (7/26/13 11:22 AM) Reply
The picture does not seem to be baby clothes. ?

StyleArc Barb's Stretch Pant