I bought this 80's Vogue pattern off of Etsy cause I thought the sleeveless version looked rather modern. (You can see a pic of the pattern envelope in my flickr set.) The sleeved version has a ginormous sleeve head with a dart in it. I laughed and laughed and laughed. ;)
The "reverse collar" was really pretty so I decided to sew one up in...
Green batik rayon from Steve's sewing in King of Prussia. It has a very subtle batik pattern in my new favorite green color.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
This pattern came with 3 sizes 12,14,16. The 16 was my actual bust measurement so I traced that and added ease to the waist and hip area.
1. The bodice had a very big bust dart so I reduced the dart intake from 3" to 2".
2. Then I added 1/2" to the side seams of both the front and the back bodice. (This turned out to be a bit of overkill and I had to take in the side seams on the actual dress.)
3. The back dart was moved 1 3/4" closer to the side seam because it seemed to be in an odd location.
4. Added 5/8" to the side seams of the skirt.
5. The skirt was very long, I chopped 4" off before cutting the fabric and took another 1" before hemming.
6. I overlapped the two bodice pieces not on CF but further over to give a little more coverage in the bust area. Not that it looks that way. There's a thread tack there too, I swear.
7. Didn't put the sleeve facings on but bias bound the edges instead.
This is a cute dress and very comfortable. It does feel a little strange to be so covered up in the back with a plunging neckline in the front, but it does spice up grocery shopping.