Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6068 (Misses' pull-over dress with sleeve variations. )

Reviewed by:tlc246

About tlc246star
NY United States
Member since: 5/3/13
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:8/28/13 12:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
twen2ythr3e said... (2/29/16 1:31 PM) Reply
Firstly, the dress is gorgeous, you've done a great job, and above all it looks fabulous on you. Secondly, AT LAST - SOMEONE ELSE WHO MAKES A TOILE! I haven't bought this pattern yet (I always wait for pattern sales and get it for half price) and I'm buying mine on Wednesday (2 March 16), and I will be making a toile of Version E. My dressmaking tutor said making it from cotton should be okay as I have 'the' perfect fabric for it, which is cotton! I'm currently working on the NEW LOOK 6072 KIMONO JACKET. Just finished a toile (YAY) and about to make a first proper one. I've got the fabrics lined up on that one. Make more. It suits you. From Cee Jay/Leigh on Sea, Essex, England, Britain
tlc246 replied...(3/1/16 10:40 AM)
Thank you, I can't wait to see what you make. Have fun.
grays08 said... (8/29/13 9:27 AM) Reply
Very cute and fantastic dress! I also had to laugh reading your review, so nice to see humor and humility with sewing (I do the same Harvard thing and am still slow as molasses when sewing!)
tlc246 said... (8/29/13 1:50 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the compliments and encouragement.
21wale said... (8/28/13 10:34 PM) Reply
This is adorable! Will have to keep an eye out for this pattern. I had to laugh about your Harvard comment. I always make mistakes just when I think I'm being clever, hehe.
aliceK said... (8/28/13 9:40 PM) Reply
Looks very good. Love the comment about the Harvard degree-- I can make the simple difficult without even trying. And mess up the seam width too, all the time!
jgmafpw said... (8/28/13 7:57 PM) Reply
Very pretty! You look beautiful! Glad you are enjoying the process as well as the results.
faxcat said... (8/28/13 2:52 PM) Reply
It looks great. I think I'll get this based on your review. The fabric is really nice with the pattern. Simple, comfortable, timeless. Good job!
prttynpnk said... (8/28/13 2:01 PM) Reply
tHIS IS REALLY CUTE!
NEMDF said... (8/28/13 1:55 PM) Reply
You did a good job! It looks very nice, and the fabric is lovely.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-109