Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-112 (Twist Top)

Viewed 1975 times

Posted on:4/27/05 3:57 PM
Last Updated:4/27/05 4:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Hilary said... (4/29/05 2:56 PM) Reply
Very cute!! I love the blue one too, but that print is great! I hope to get to this someday :o)
Marita Kinnula said... (4/29/05 11:19 AM) Reply
Sue, your top is so beautiful, that fabric is tdf, scalloping was an exellent idea and so are the long sleeves, thanks a million!!!
Deepika said... (4/29/05 11:04 AM) Reply
This top is a knock out sue! Thanks for reviewing it.
Joyfullife said... (4/29/05 11:02 AM) Reply
Katharine, thanks for referencing that article on Burda's fit! I printed it out for future reference. Sue, you made a marvelous top! Can I send you my measurements? ;)
Katharine in BXL said... (4/28/05 9:48 PM) Reply
It must be so nice to wear stretch rayon all day! Lowers the blood pressure. Burda patterns are drafted with a forward shoulder--read here http://www.lyonslpgas.com/sewscape/burda.html
mjrsew said... (4/28/05 4:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the detail. Did you draft the sleeve pattern or use one from another purchased pattern? That fabric is fabulous. Marijo
hongkongshopper said... (4/28/05 4:04 PM) Reply
That fabric is gorgeous! And so is the top!
MickeyFan said... (4/28/05 6:24 AM) Reply
This is a great top, I love the fabric. I always enjoy reading your reviews!
JDpenelope said... (4/28/05 5:30 AM) Reply
After a week of mostly "reverse sewing!", this is a welcome review. Love both tops, even the upside down one. I've located a source for this pattern, too.
MaryBeth said... (4/27/05 10:29 PM) Reply
Great fabric!!!!!! I really wish you'd post a picture of you wearing this one, please? :)
drsue said... (4/27/05 9:59 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the nice comments guys. I thought you'd all appreciate my sewing the bodice upside down on the muslin! smvite: I just finished the edge with the coverstitch machine. Scalloping would be a nice touch too.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/27/05 9:33 PM) Reply
Such a great job on the top Drsue. Thanks for mentioning the use of the jalie 2005 sleeve. The colors are just so fabulous! Thank you!!!
Nancy Anne said... (4/27/05 9:00 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top! It would look cute with a variety of style bottoms! Nancy Anne
jlg said... (4/27/05 8:23 PM) Reply
Great tops. I've got to cut this out and try it.
Levone said... (4/27/05 7:23 PM) Reply
I love both of your tops!
Gigi Louis said... (4/27/05 6:54 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Your fabric is TDF!
pharmercoon said... (4/27/05 6:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the tips-I'm sure they will make more sense when I start the geometry! Your tops look great. Kay
ccdcar said... (4/27/05 5:53 PM) Reply
Both shirts are great and very flattering looking--thanks for all the detailed info!
CarolynGM said... (4/27/05 5:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. I enjoyed the fitting details and the good humour with which you related your sewing mistake. -- Carolyn
Patti B said... (4/27/05 5:27 PM) Reply
Wow, Susan! I'll save your tips for when I sew this top.
LisaLS said... (4/27/05 5:26 PM) Reply
Love the fabric you used!! I wore my top the other day and I also noticed that the shoulder seam sits forward about an inch. Glad to hear it's not just me. :D
Evatgirl73 said... (4/27/05 5:24 PM) Reply
Great review and beautiful top!!! Nice to know that even experienced sewers that I look up to make silly mistakes sometimes..! ;-) I love it with the sleeves, and will definitely add longer sleeves to a few of mine... I LOVE this top, just finished 2 (one sleeveless, one capsleeved)! Love the fabric too, very pretty!!!
Schnauzer said... (4/27/05 5:07 PM) Reply
A gorgeous top and a very informative review.
SueV said... (4/27/05 5:03 PM) Reply
did you do a scallop on the neck edge? I looks like it. Also, my shoulder seams were about 1" forward on mine - I just figured it was a "design detail" and left it :) Great top!!
BjP said... (4/27/05 5:02 PM) Reply
Wonderful looking top - both of them - and I laughed at your comment about the books on your head!
MarthaH said... (4/27/05 4:53 PM) Reply
That fabric is beautiful! Good looking top.
Peggy L said... (4/27/05 4:24 PM) Reply
"Just when you think you've made every possible error, you make a new one. " I love that comment!! Your tops look great. Love the fabric.
GorgeousFabrics said... (4/27/05 4:23 PM) Reply
Great job on this top. I love your fabric! -Ann
Linuxia said... (4/27/05 4:05 PM) Reply
I can't say that I "love" about sewing that one always finds new errors to create ;) but your top is really wonderful! Thank you for the tips.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117