Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8042 (Vogue Basic Design-Jackets)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:4/24/05 6:59 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
SewingBunny said... (6/30/07 9:03 PM) Reply
Very nice. I'm planning on this for my next project. Thanks for the review!
Danvillegirl said... (4/26/05 5:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments. Penelope, I had been sewing for 15 years before I tackled lined jackets, so keep at it. Now it is much easier, especially using the bag a lining method. Ryan's Mom, I have not tried Nancy's method in some time, but pulled her book out the other day and thought I might try again. I have a C-D cup, so need both width and length. From what I remember with Nancy's method, that may be the best alteration for you and just may not work for me. I also like Sandra Betzina's Fast Fit tips.
PixieCat said... (4/25/05 3:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Love the color on you!
AnneM said... (4/25/05 7:44 AM) Reply
You seem to have recovered from FBA issue just fine. Informative review.
ryan's mom said... (4/25/05 6:39 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review! I bought this for the jacket sew-along, attempted a bunch of alterations for the first time with it, and set it aside. Decided to try a simple, darted, somewhat fitted shirt for alterations first. Did the FFRP method for an FBA on this jacket, don't know if I like it. Nancy Zieman's Fitting Finesse method works better for me adding inches all around because of my B-cup size. The FFRP method left me with front bodice pieces that dipped down in the front since this method adds width AND length, the latter being what I don't need. However, I will proceed at some point with this jacket. Yours looks absolutely terrific!
JDpenelope said... (4/25/05 6:23 AM) Reply
Nice work. I admire anyone who takes the time and has the talent, to complete a fitted, lined jacket. (I'm not there yet, and might never get there.)
PVA said... (4/24/05 10:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Linda -- thanks for this review. I like the fabric & I appreciate the construction details. I, too prefer to "bag the lining".
jlg said... (4/24/05 9:23 PM) Reply
What a pretty jacket Linda.
CarolynGM said... (4/24/05 7:23 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket, Linda. I want to make this too, so I'm glad to hear it goes together so easily.

SewBaby Wonder Jacket Pattern