Pattern Description: Rachel Comey loose fitting top and (very) short skirt. Loose fitting drapey top with dolman sleeves, bias cuff and interesting pieced construction on lower front bodice.
Pattern Sizing: 6-12, I cut the size 6.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Similar but mine has spots.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It wasn't until I saw Dilliander's review and saw that Sandra had removed a lot of the volume out of this top that I thought I would give it a try.
Fabric Used: Navy silk chiffon with off-white spots purchased far too many years ago at an ASG Industry Day at Martin and Savage Fabric.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made some of the same adjustments as Dilliander as follows:
* square shoulder
* shortened front (horizontal) darts by 1.5 cm
* reduced circumference by 3 cm
* added some gentle shaping to side seams at waist and slight flare at hips
* raised the front neckline by 1cm taking it back to the original neckline by the shoulder seam as well as my standard 1cm gaposis in the front neckline.
* Used Lena Merrin's wonderful Gelatin tip.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is not a style that I normally wear so I will see how comfortable I am with it before I commit to sewing it again. I do recommend it to others as it is quite an interesting top and now you can see from some of the reviews how to make it with less volume.
Conclusion: An interesting top and a change to my wardrobe style!