Misses tops with neckline variations. I used view A for the front and view C for the back
8-24 ( I started with an 8)
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The parts I did follow were easy
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It's an easy shirt pattern to modify and I appreciate the different necklines. I hate when patterns start at a size 8. It just means more work for me.
Silk Crepe de Chine
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- graded pattern down to a 6
- shortened the bodice 1 1/2" between shoulder and bust and 3/4" at lengthen shorten line
- redrew armhole back to original size
- shortened center back waist 3/4" using this tutorial. This is easier and works better for me than the sway back adjustment.
- 1/2" SBA (I like this method of doing an SBA because I find it's more precise
- next time I will reduce some of the ease in the sleeve
- I didn't use the facings
- I added a placket to the front using this tutorial
- I finished the neckline with self bias
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. If you are looking for this style of top then go for it; just know it is a boxy top. There isn't much shaping at the waist.
Once the fit is right, you can make these tops up in no time. The possibilities with this pattern are endless.