Fitted (below waist) pants have elastic and purchased ribbon drawstring, yoke back, side front seams, no side seams, and pockets. A and B: leg bands (elasticized) B, C: stitched hems. I sewed view B and view C
XS-XXL. I cut an XS.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were easy to follow but if you follow them blindly like I did, you will end with an inaccessible draw string casing. When you sew the fly extension down in step 7, you enclose the button hole you make in step 1. Other than that they were fine.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the style of this pattern, very on trend. It's drafted well without the ridiculous amount of ease.
silk crepe de chine and medium weight cotton twill
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- took 1" dart through the fly extension tapering to nothing at the side seam
- shortened 2" at lengthen shorten line
- took 1/4" of each side seam to reduce width 1"
- took 1/2" off the inseams by mistake on the blue version (not paying attention while doing french seams)
- For the blue version, I removed the back yoke using this tutorial.
-I bound the upper edge of the pants before turning over to stitch the casing
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Definitely on both fronts!
I usually steer clear of elastic waist pants because they look frumpy on me. These sit nice and flat at the waist. Go get this pattern!
Buy this pattern for $18.00 List Price: $22.50Add to Bag