Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2691 (spa wraps)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:5/4/05 8:01 PM
Last Updated:5/4/05 8:36 PM
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

PVA said... (5/5/05 1:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- I have 4 DGDs who would love this! Then, of course, their Moms would love it also! I guess I'd better get started if I'm going to go into production! As for curing the "wet towel on the carpet" problem, is that possible? Would it work with DH? Naaaaah, I don't think so!
Tesla121 said... (5/5/05 1:15 PM) Reply
great color! love the pocket detail! I need to pull out my copy and make this pattern up!
Sew it seams said... (5/5/05 9:20 AM) Reply
Great wrap. The color is so pretty, and I love your trimmed pocket idea.
PegL said... (5/5/05 8:21 AM) Reply
Love your version of this cute spa wrap! I plan to make one for both DD and DIL -- I can only hope they turn out as great as yours did! Thanks for the helpful tips!
Gigi Louis said... (5/5/05 7:53 AM) Reply
So cute! I love the selvage trim on the pocket - what a great idea.
Mrs. Trouble said... (5/5/05 7:40 AM) Reply
Your daughter is very lucky to have such a multi-talented mom. The robe is adorable, and your version is much prettier than the picture on the envelope.
Kathryn said... (5/5/05 7:08 AM) Reply
Ah, Dr. Sue, I think your conclusion is a bit too hopeful! Aren't kids supposed to leave their wet towels on the carpet??? :-) Thanks for a great review. I may have to whip this up for my DD--complete with your fringe idea. Thanks!
CarolynGM said... (5/5/05 5:46 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous shade of blue! Your DD will be the envy of the other girls in the dorm.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/4/05 11:23 PM) Reply
What a great looking spa wrap. The pocket treatment is really special.
flowermama said... (5/4/05 11:06 PM) Reply
Very cute and I love the pocket treatment. If this works to get dd to leave the wet towels in the bathroom please update. I have 6 kids grown but 2 still left at home and I am running out of patience.:)
BjP said... (5/4/05 10:05 PM) Reply
This looks very wearable .... and quite lovely! Love the color, very unique.
Karla Kizer said... (5/4/05 9:16 PM) Reply
"Maybe she'll wear it out of her bathroom and then leave her wet towels in the bathroom and not on the carpet in her room." LOL. If that had worked, I'd have made my son one, too. What a pretty color you found. If your DD doesn't use it enough, steal it from her.
The Technique of Underlining Garments