Pattern Reviews> Serendipity Studio> 124 (Sally Shirtdress)

Reviewed by:STARG

About STARGstar
CA United States
Member since: 4/20/11
Posted on:10/6/13 9:02 PM

Serendipity Studio: 124 by STARG  Serendipity Studio: 124 by STARG

STARG said... (1/20/14 2:04 PM) Reply
Afweathergirl - for the main blue and red loopy fabric, it was quilting cotton purchased from Pink Chalk Fabrics online. I bought it awhile ago so I'm not sure if they have it anymore. The red and white polka dot was purchased from a local fabric store - it's quilting cotton as well. I hope that helps!
afweathergirl said... (1/19/14 5:32 PM) Reply
Do you remember which fabric you used? Love it!
Loualibar said... (10/9/13 4:08 PM) Reply
Yes that is helpful - it sounds like you just adjust the pleats to come up with the amount of fullness that you want.
STARG said... (10/9/13 3:35 PM) Reply
Loualibar - to answer your question - the dress without the pleats was about 8 inches too big in the waist. I pin fitted all of the pleats first to see what it would look like. All of my pleats ended up being fairly small and I centered the pleats when top stitching rather than pressing to one side. I think centering them makes a difference as well with the fullness. I hope that answers your question.
Loualibar said... (10/7/13 8:47 PM) Reply
That dress looks fabulous. I have been looking for a shirt dress pattern for a while but have not purchased this because I wondered if the pleats on the back would come out looking "Poofy" and make the back too big. Your back looks fine. How did you deal with this?
Pj3g said... (10/7/13 1:51 PM) Reply
You make a darn cute June Cleaver! I love it especially with all the tiny polka dot trim and accessories!
sunnysewing said... (10/6/13 10:23 PM) Reply
only 4 pieces to this lovely dress?? That is awesome! It looks fabulous on you. I think the fabric print is sweet! Interesting on the waist pleating for fitting. I may have to give it a try. thanks for the great review

Understanding Wool Fabrics