Pattern Reviews> Sew Liberated> N106 (Schoolhouse Tunic)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:10/9/13 10:15 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Mch2212 said... (5/28/14 4:27 PM) Reply
I love the fabric and the top. It looks flattering and fun!
Sue Parrott said... (10/10/13 4:51 PM) Reply
Ih thank you for the information on the vendor! This fabric was just lovely to work with!
mrsbewley said... (10/10/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Very nice! I just bought similar fabric at the ASE Expo - you can get it online at SewBatik.com: http://www.sewbatik.com/detail.aspx?ID=1499
Jstarr4250 said... (10/10/13 9:54 AM) Reply
You must track down that fabric seller!! Gorgeous fabric. This was the very first pattern I tried when I returned to sewing and I agree with most all of your observations. I, too, interfaced the front to overcome the droopiness. It's a nice top to wear with jeans and I've even worn it as a swimsuit coverup, but I don't feel it was worth the pattern price. Loved your review!
grays08 said... (10/10/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Very cute and sounds like you found some great fabric! IMHO there seems to be a long list of pattern alterations and instruction changes people make to the various indie ones to achieve success. I find most of the indie patterns too specialized to specific fit issues for me and with the expense of them (to be honest $4 Vogues are high for me, lol, how sad is that?) to overhaul, ugh. I think it's good to try some different ones and see what you think, but if you know and love Vogues, go Vogue too without guilt! = )
Baja Susana said... (10/10/13 0:07 AM) Reply
It is interesting to hear about all of the changes you made to this top. It looks very nice and the fabric is wonderful.
ArtAttack said... (10/9/13 10:40 PM) Reply
Cute tunic! What fabulous fabric! I've not heard of this indie pattern maker so thanks for the intro.

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Sew Liberated growing up sew liberated

by: karrieperr...