Pattern Reviews> Sew Liberated> N106 (Schoolhouse Tunic)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:10/9/13 10:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Mch2212 said... (5/28/14 4:27 PM) Reply
I love the fabric and the top. It looks flattering and fun!
Sue Parrott said... (10/10/13 4:51 PM) Reply
Ih thank you for the information on the vendor! This fabric was just lovely to work with!
mrsbewley said... (10/10/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Very nice! I just bought similar fabric at the ASE Expo - you can get it online at SewBatik.com: http://www.sewbatik.com/detail.aspx?ID=1499
Jstarr4250 said... (10/10/13 9:54 AM) Reply
You must track down that fabric seller!! Gorgeous fabric. This was the very first pattern I tried when I returned to sewing and I agree with most all of your observations. I, too, interfaced the front to overcome the droopiness. It's a nice top to wear with jeans and I've even worn it as a swimsuit coverup, but I don't feel it was worth the pattern price. Loved your review!
grays08 said... (10/10/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Very cute and sounds like you found some great fabric! IMHO there seems to be a long list of pattern alterations and instruction changes people make to the various indie ones to achieve success. I find most of the indie patterns too specialized to specific fit issues for me and with the expense of them (to be honest $4 Vogues are high for me, lol, how sad is that?) to overhaul, ugh. I think it's good to try some different ones and see what you think, but if you know and love Vogues, go Vogue too without guilt! = )
Baja Susana said... (10/10/13 0:07 AM) Reply
It is interesting to hear about all of the changes you made to this top. It looks very nice and the fabric is wonderful.
ArtAttack said... (10/9/13 10:40 PM) Reply
Cute tunic! What fabulous fabric! I've not heard of this indie pattern maker so thanks for the intro.

Decades of Style 5002