Pattern Reviews> Sewgrand patterns> 204 (jewel neck knit top)

Reviewed by:Rosie who use to be Rose

About Rosie who use to be Rosestarstar
OH United States
Member since: 10/10/02
Posted on:5/8/05 10:42 PM
Last Updated:5/8/05 10:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Mini said... (5/10/05 10:25 AM) Reply
I'm glad someone reviewed this one! I have this pattern too, and I think it is well drafted. Two things to note though: it is drafted specifically for slinky knits, so when using other knits, measure and use the size that suits your fabric like Rosie did. Also, the front and back armholes are the same depth and may need adjustment. I have made the Sew Grand V-neck tee, which has the same body as this with a different neckline, and the knit dress which is similar to this but longer. Very good neck and shoulder fit on all of them:).
AnneM said... (5/9/05 10:57 AM) Reply
Maybe YOU can sew it in 3/4 of an hour! Nice top. This pattern line seems to have some nice options for it's target audience.
Rosie who use to be Rose said... (5/9/05 10:49 AM) Reply
I can take a picture of myself in a mirror, but they alway come out blurry. I thought this was better. I'll give it a try though. Karla, they fit me great in the neck and shoulder and I wear a D-cup. That thing that the clothes are on is one of the dummies made by having duct tape wrapped around the victim (me) and it's very much the same shape .
SouthernStitch said... (5/9/05 9:49 AM) Reply
Okay now you've got me looking at this pattern co too! They already adjust for rounded shoulders!! Super cool. Glad you have found these.
Karla Kizer said... (5/9/05 6:44 AM) Reply
Your shirt might have just sold a pattern. I've been considering the SewGrand knit shirt patterns because of their built-in full bust adjustment. The fact that they are designed for my exact height doesn't hurt either. How would you rate the shoulder/neck fit, and do you think it's a good draft for a D-cup?
chloesings said... (5/9/05 4:30 AM) Reply
This pattern is exactly what I have been looking for to fluff out my work wardrobe. Thank you so much! The comments helped me alot, for now I can adjust the pattern armed with the information about the material, length of sleeves and total length.
Georgene said... (5/9/05 0:51 AM) Reply
I have not heard of this pattern company before. Have you made any of their other patterns? I like the outfit you made with the Petite Plus cardigan over this... any chance of a photo with you wearing it?

by: isecondsis

Tessuti Chloe Pant

by: QuiltSewSe...

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern