Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 110 (Maia Jacket)

Viewed 1953 times
Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:5/10/05 6:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
deeque said... (2/3/06 0:29 AM) Reply
I have made this jacket several times and I love it. I did lengthen the sleeves by 2inches to have an easier cuff roll. I made it out of men's suiting wool so it was a stiffer fabric.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/11/05 11:08 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so flattering and pretty!
Danvillegirl said... (5/11/05 7:04 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and love the fabric. I purchased the pattern right before jlg wrote her review. I have yet to make it so glad to see your write up of it and need to pull my pattern out and give it a try.
Nancy Anne said... (5/11/05 7:58 AM) Reply
What a versatile jacket! You did a beautiful job and I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come. Nancy Anne
MarilynB said... (5/11/05 7:22 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Great review. I especially like your comment that the designer cares that our projects turn out well.
AnneM said... (5/11/05 6:45 AM) Reply
Nice jacket that doesn't require too much fabric. I have a need for that; I have a short amount of a silk-wool blend that is crying out to be made into a skirt suit.
Georgene said... (5/11/05 6:38 AM) Reply
I love the bias cut collar in your fabric. Nice job!
CarolynGM said... (5/11/05 5:25 AM) Reply
Beautifully done, Mickeyfan. I've shied away from LaFred patterns because of the drawings, but your review and Diane E's could make me take a another look. It makes such a difference to see a pattern made up and modeled by a real person.
jlg said... (5/11/05 5:18 AM) Reply
Beautiful job with your jacket. You look great in it.
Nickle said... (5/11/05 3:57 AM) Reply
Love your jacket- the style and fabric. Looks great on you.
PVA said... (5/11/05 0:03 AM) Reply
Wonderful results, thanks for this review! It really is a beautiful jacket & it looks like the fit is right on! Perfect with a camisole.
Frogstitcher said... (5/10/05 9:55 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I really like your fabric choice.
KarmenG said... (5/10/05 9:25 PM) Reply
The shoulders look good and so do the sleeve caps.
MickeyFan said... (5/10/05 7:57 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Karmeng, I typically sew a 12 in Big4 (usually Vogue). According to my bust, that is exactly what I should have cut for this jacket. The jacket is snug across the shoulders with a close-fitting sleeve
drsue said... (5/10/05 7:54 PM) Reply
Such a nice jacket! I have the pattern but have been not inspired by it, but now I'll reconsider.
KarmenG said... (5/10/05 7:44 PM) Reply
Very nice review and a you made a fabulous looking jacket. Considering the pattern sketch and your experience with the fit, Fred must have intended this to be a jacket worn without much underneath. What size did you make and what is your usual size in the Big 4? I'd like to judge whether I'd go up a size when making it. This one has been on my list for quite sometime. I think Fred is meticulous with her instructions - good to hear you give them high grades; and that pattern pieces are marked accurately. I look forward to making this one up. Thanks again for all the detail - you always sew such nice looking garments.
Gigi Louis said... (5/10/05 7:42 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Much better looking than the very stylized pattern illustration.
Patti B said... (5/10/05 7:38 PM) Reply
That is a lovely jacket. It's amazing what a difference a change in number of buttons makes.
Jackie V said... (5/10/05 7:27 PM) Reply
This jacket reminds me of a jacket that I had many years ago. It had the same seaming in the front and the pockets were the same. The only thing different was that the Jacket had a Tuxedo Collar. I happen to like the sleeves the way they are. You did a wonderful job of matching fabric to pattern.
MaryBeth said... (5/10/05 7:24 PM) Reply
Nicely informative review. I love that we're getting so many reviews of LaFred patterns. I've never been drawn to this jacket but I like yours. It looks less formal with fewer buttons and more comfy/casual.
Tiner W said... (5/10/05 6:29 PM) Reply
I love this jacket. Yours is so pretty. This pattern is definitely on my wish list!
els said... (5/10/05 6:23 PM) Reply